Klein Adroit build

604carsten

Dirt Disciple
60E8B780-4532-4E22-877B-1F05684BCADD.jpeg

B3468C0C-0113-464D-AC9B-A4B6546B1DC8.jpeg

Hello all, just showcasing my latest build, a Wilkins repainted Adroit that will be sporting some period correct tyres and the awesome rear disc as I cant afford a Tioga.. also safety matters as this will a daily Commuter to work so those damn drivers will see me... I may drill the brake lines out to fit maguras as I hear they are best. Also will have forks drilled to fit a front panier.
Looking forward to hear my fellow ATB’ers saying how cool my ride.

Very colourful and a bit different.

Would like to see this one being ridden

I think a white rolls would do that bike good🤤

I think if this has neon Magura racelines and ano green grafton perches for the xtr shifters it will look amazing.

Please put on a pannier rack! Destroy the ways of the Klein! Destroy it all!

Anyway I’m glad that this will be used as a commuter and not hung up on a wall or encased in amber for 65 million years

My recommendation is DO NOT DRILL! Having said that, do what you have to do ;)

Your Klein frame (as a Klein lover) is fairly valuable and drilling out the rear brake cables stops will reduce resale value. If you intend to never sell it it's a moot point.

I've got a Magura rim brake equipped bike and yes, probably the best rim brakes I've ever used (properly set up) but not by a long shot for me. A well set up, properly equipped cable actuated retro-cantilever braked (or V braked) bike stops as good as a bike needs to (IMHO). Brake pad selection being a big factor.

Wilkins did a wonderful job on the repaint BTW 😍

@604carsten:

3 things:

-1.) Dave Wilkins did a great job painting the frameset. It looks awesome! :)

-2.) Take away that cheap looking rear disc wheel. It ruins the cool look of the bike.
(These kind of cheap disc wheels look cool on a Wheeler mtb with an LX group).

-3.) DO. NOT. DRILL. this frame.
This is probably THE single most stupid & foolish thing someone can do to a vintage Klein Adroit frameset.

=> It's the SUREST THING TO RUIN it.
(With those 2 drilled out holes you intend to do the value of the frame goes down instantly by over 1'000$ = -$1'000+)
& Maguras look awful in general & even more on a Klein Adroit frame.
To drill a Klein Adroit frame is equal to wanna do some paint improvements yourself on a work of art of Picasso.

P.S. FYI: It's interesting that your nick-name is "604carsten"...... one of the biggest vintage Klein collector's names was/is also Carsten..... he has collected Kleins for more than 20 years & would NEVER drill any of his bikes.... ever.

Back