Just skip to 2:30.....

I've mixed feelings about this....

I've worked in York bikeshops for many years and i recognise at least 3 of those cyclists, and theres at least 3 where i dont believe they are at fault (not the same 3!)

Also, the release of this video couldn't come at a worse time for cyclists in york. We've had a city centre bridge closed for the last six months during the day to any traffic other than busses, taxies and cyclists. Its been fantastic for the cyclist. Recently this has been undone on technicalities and the bridge has now been re opened to all traffic, congesting the city centre again. Theres a lot of anger from motorists that this trial ever happened, and a lot of the time they point the finger at the pro-cycling transport chief and by association at cyclists in general. We don't need this fuel on the fire. (i'm not anti car i should stress, just anti 'most drivers')

I understand bad cyclists should be outed, but this is the worst possible timing, and not all instances in the video are all wrong, some are also marginal (if you know the areas).

The guy taking off his jacket is great though, thats a junction on my commute and i've had verbals with a few people jumping those lights!

superstar1":w7ynia24 said:
Can't be bothered reading through this thread, but what sort of cockwipe cycles round with a camera on his head?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Koupe":dcm6pzaf said:
superstar1":dcm6pzaf said:
Can't be bothered reading through this thread, but what sort of cockwipe cycles round with a camera on his head?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

These people with cameras on their heads, they seem to have a strange, permanent surprised kind of expression as if they are thinking, "look, I've got a fecking camera on my head"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:LOL: :LOL:

jinjrich":37akb3ie said:
I've mixed feelings about this....

I've worked in York bikeshops for many years and i recognise at least 3 of those cyclists, and theres at least 3 where i dont believe they are at fault (not the same 3!)

Also, the release of this video couldn't come at a worse time for cyclists in york. We've had a city centre bridge closed for the last six months during the day to any traffic other than busses, taxies and cyclists. Its been fantastic for the cyclist. Recently this has been undone on technicalities and the bridge has now been re opened to all traffic, congesting the city centre again. Theres a lot of anger from motorists that this trial ever happened, and a lot of the time they point the finger at the pro-cycling transport chief and by association at cyclists in general. We don't need this fuel on the fire. (i'm not anti car i should stress, just anti 'most drivers')

I understand bad cyclists should be outed, but this is the worst possible timing, and not all instances in the video are all wrong, some are also marginal (if you know the areas).

The guy taking off his jacket is great though, thats a junction on my commute and i've had verbals with a few people jumping those lights!

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... -red-light

Re:

If that fellow pointed his self righteous digit at me I would chase him down and snap it off.

Since when does exemplary cycling include unnecessarily removing one's hand from the bars?

JamesM":3ip8i663 said:
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2014/apr/11/shaming-bad-cycling-film-jumping-red-light
My sentiments almost exactly.

One way or another, some cyclists shoot themselves in the foot, in front of a group of road users just looking for an / more excuse(s) to hate cyclists.

I have nothing wrong in the notion of cyclists clearly doing dangerous stuff on the road being filmed - however, as the article points out, the risks are asymmetrical. I get that many don't help themselves, but there were plenty of people singled out on that video, that didn't look to be putting anybody else at risk. Sure, a self-righteous, willing accomplice to cyclist hatred would probably rub their hands in glee, whilst hand-waving away their own indiscretions, but all the same, I can't help but think the roving reporter with the camera is suffering from his / her aim being off.

With or without this footage, people have their own views on cyclists.
But there are far more stupid people in cars than there are cyclists out there.
More people have been killed by moronic drivers than moronic cyclists.
Let's face it no one is perfect in the world. So why point out people's imperfections.
I'm sure the person filming has made their fair share of errors on their bike.

superstar1":3kvp1ye6 said:
^^^This.

Nothing on that video would concern me in the slightest. Other than the car turning left. The rest is standard.

It's bad enough the state/business pointing cameras at us all the time, never mind bellends on bikes. As the weans say, get a life.

Re:

As I pointed out previously, pretty much all car drivers break the speed limit multiple times on pretty much every journey. If unbeknown to us all these infractions could be automatically detected and the appropriate punishment dished out, by this time tomorrow there would likely be almost no cars on the road. Something for motorists to think about before sterotyping all cyclists as law breakers!!!

Back