KHS Montana Pro £30!

Tesseractoid

KHS Fan
Spotted this, I've got too many already, but at £30 I'm tempted to pop up the road and grab it, hopefully one of you lot will first! not exactly original, but some xt parts and it's £30!

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Spotted this, I've got too many already, but at £30 I'm tempted to pop up the road and grab it, hopefully one of you lot will first! not exactly original, but some xt parts and it's £30!

I have just picked up a KHS Montana Summit (14.4" frame) bike for £65 including delivery. It has a true Temper frame.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I just pick this up. I think it's my friends bike that was stolen over 10 years ago local to where it was for sale (the person I got it off didn't steal it BTW I think it's been through a bike recycle place since then who put that bloody awful front end on it). Plan is to do it up in secret and return at Christmas.

I just pick this up. I think it's my friends bike that was stolen over 10 years ago local to where it was for sale (the person I got it off didn't steal it BTW I think it's been through a bike recycle place since then who put that bloody awful front end on it). Plan is to do it up in secret and return at Christmas.
What an awesome thing to do!

As a follow up on my original post. More suitable forks fitted and whole thing returned to how I remember it Gripshifts / Flatbars / etc. Plan went well and now have VERY happy friend. Monty as he is known now resides in spare bedroom as he is too good for the garage and will be ridden with my rebuilt Kona Kilauea in a 90's reunion.

Attachments

• KHS Montana Pro.JPG
    KHS Montana Pro.JPG
    474.6 KB · Views: 37
As a follow up on my original post. More suitable forks fitted and whole thing returned to how I remember it Gripshifts / Flatbars / etc. Plan went well and now have VERY happy friend. Monty as he is known now resides in spare bedroom as he is too good for the garage and will be ridden with my rebuilt Kona Kilauea in a 90's reunion.

Amazing! Did you ever find out for sure if it was the one that was stolen?

Amazing! Did you ever find out for sure if it was the one that was stolen?
No we didn't but the condition was spot on (very used) and the BB is stuck in which I seem to remember from the last service I gave it before it was stolen (12 years ago) The frame number is still intact so one day we may find out if old paper reveals it lol. TBH doesn't really matter as it was a great trip down memory lane for all involved.

Nice work. Kool thing to do, and this kind of concept of friendship is why you are still mates and made me smile. Top marks.

I am working with an old mate to build his dream he never had a zaskar, he got a frame and had a go during covid , but it got lots of modern parts, not all suited …
We will hopefully be into spring time rides , I will also ride my Kona I’ve had almost as long as I’ve known my mate, good times and important for us all.

He had my old avalanche years ago as a frame, for a respray on the kona I still have..and when he asked me why the new bike didn’t feel right, was staggered when I reeled off the full spec he built… don’t ask me why but I remember stuff… so some of it is going back to that spec, he was even more staggered when I asked if he still had the back wheel from the avalanche, ( which was killed by a baby seat clamp don’t even go there..) yes he said but I like pairs don’t why I kept it!
Good I said I don’t know why I kept the front I must of needed it somehow at the time, but you can have it.. I won’t even charge you for twenty years storage!

Latest posts

Back