Just Saying Hi - Kona Lava Dome 96

TallPaul, are those levers in that pic the correct ones for the bike, ie "Kona High Command"?

Also can I ask for you to check year for certain for me as I read your post about the Kona you brought! I'll PM you..

JJ.

Hi Guys, wondered if anyone new the correct Model Numbers to the following parts:

F/Der Shimano STX
R/Der Shimano Deore LX

For my 96 Kona LD..

Thanks, you have given me even more things to search for.. ;)

I question: the M567 that I have, stamped on the cage is "Integrated 8SIS", is this meaning its an 8 speed RD?

Reason I ask is that the Kona Lava Dome '96 is a 7 speed.. just wondered?

Yes, it is an 8-speed part, but I guess it works just as well with a 7-speed shifter and cassette. The capacities were the same (I think 11-32 was the maximum in each case, but I may be wrong), the low stop can be adjusted for the narrower cassette and the rm just hangs about wherever the shifter puts it basically.

She is looking pretty good, not a patch on some of the bikes on here but after many hours of spit and polish she is 95% complete and original. Still searching a few bits, Saddle, Amber Wall Scratch & Sniff (impossible), and now a Front Mech (as above) mine is very worn.

My LD was put on the back burner for nearly a year! (too busy with racing) then decided to build her up to ride to and from work. Got riding last week for the first time, she did not disopoint, fast light & responsive ride. I'm just now tweeking the position to get the perfect feel ;)

Back