Just Saying Hi - Kona Lava Dome 96

Shimano BBs were no longer serviceable by this point. Fit, forget, chuck in the bin when they start making nasty noises.

Curve brakes look nice but are reputed to be made of cheese. Bet the Avids work better...

Geoff":1wfokcu4 said:
Shimano BBs were no longer serviceable by this point. Fit, forget, chuck in the bin when they start making nasty noises.

Curve brakes look nice but are reputed to be made of cheese. Bet the Avids work better...

Do the Curve V Brakes snap then??

KonaJJ":21zlthud said:
Kona Slim Bars & the Race Lite bars are different I assume??

Slim bars say race light on them, but they are 22mm across their width (hence slim), so come with a shim to fit in a standard 25.4 stem clamp.

Like you can just make out on mine:

DSC00839.jpg

JJ- never heard of them snapping, but flexy and hold their setup for about 5 (10?) minutes.

ow thats a nice LD, I understand what your saying now about the original brakes... I still want them though! lol..

Geoff":cc8gj3tt said:
Geoff, obviously Avid Vs work better than any cantis, but are you saying people found Curve OM cantis mushier/more flexy than Shimano cantis? I always think mush is as likely to be in the lever/cable/rim as in the brake anyway, but maybe that's just me.

KonaJJ see http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Back