It's the spare parts winter build thread

Looking good. :cool:
I think if you are looking to buy new for reasonable cost you won't go far wrong with a set of SLXs. Sure Klaus bought a set and rated them.
When we getting a clockwork update then?

And while I'm here, this is what the Ascent looks like the noo.

024_zpse5f8d852.jpg

Re:

The DB is looking good :cool:

Who makes SLX's ?, Shimano ?

Will be stripping the Clockwork in the next few weeks or so, bike is complete and working fine, (so not really a spare parts build) just fancy a change so going to re-do it grey, a pretty rare colour choice for them BITD, most seemed to be orange/white or black.

I remember MBUK tested a grey Prestige around 91, that looked great.

Re:

nice to see the dh8 again mark :cool:

think i'll give this a bash , i've got a few frames to choose from :LOL:

1995 p7 frame and fork
1994 kinessis full bounce frame
1991 kona fire mountain frame

i'll pick one and get some pictures up

Re:

Had a good dig through the spares boxes at the weekend and pretty much got everything picked out. Only thing I've ordered is some wee rubber donuts for the cables (used the last ones on my last build). Was going to use the LX mech pictured but then my OCD side got the better of me and will be fitting a DX mech i've got so it all matches :roll: .

Attachments

• Parts.jpg
    Parts.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 521
firedfromthecircus":10kt2g2k said:
Interesting choice so far Col. M739 levers. You going for Vs?
Choice isn't something I have a lot of in my parts boxes I'm afraid :LOL: . I've had the V's from new (96) when they first came out and had them on the C16R before plus wanted to be able to stop in a reasonable distance if using this at Dunkeld. Made some good progress getting the bike assembled at the weekend, will get some further pic's up next weekend.

zigzag":b18v9hrd said:
arggh, look at those lovely new tyres! Should be quite a build Col.
Maybe not in the spirit of what you originally intended for this but I bought a couple of pairs a few weeks ago so technically they're legal :LOL:

Back