It's the spare parts winter build thread

Cheers Aaron. The parts were all destined for the '89 Kili but the paint on that needs work, so I wanted a bike with good paint.

Kona looks good Rob, as does the chopper Jimi. Gonna ride that at Dunkers? :LOL:

firedfromthecircus":3vi44mhm said:
as does the chopper Jimi. Gonna ride that at Dunkers? :LOL:

Dunkers ?, do you think i'm absolutely insane ?, will be using the refinished Clockwork at Dunkers.

Chopper is for Glentress :LOL:

Hmmmm. I've an ally rock lobster frame that's been lurking.
Would be an awful bourach of random/missing bits and probably dangerous but I suppose that's the point eh? Might be able to create something sort of rideable.

Might be fun.....

zigzag":2xqoia1a said:
Go on Jon, what's the worst that could happen?

Sudden death due to lack of back brake. I'll have a root around, but pretty sure I don't have one (disc only frame). It'll have a front though. Should be fine and will save on weight : )

Did a similar thing a few years back but not a MTB.
Kalkhoff road frame with flat bars with other various parts thrown on.
Rides surprisingly well for a bike chucked together on a rainy sunday.
Use it now for running down to the shops on.

jimihendrix":1vd4istv said:
firedfromthecircus":1vd4istv said:
as does the chopper Jimi. Gonna ride that at Dunkers? :LOL:

Dunkers ?, do you think i'm absolutely insane ?, will be using the refinished Clockwork at Dunkers.

Chopper is for Glentress :LOL:

You will need that with all the felling going on...

Re:

OK. If non-retro is permissible I'm in.
Rock Lobster been waiting for 2 years for weight weenie build that I can't possibly afford. Might be able to get it moving with Bombers up front. Allowed? ............. If not back to the shed with it.

Attachments

• PA290118 (2).jpg
    PA290118 (2).jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 587
Re:

Can't see why not. Better to build and use it rather than store it.
You listening Mr Mac?

Re: Re:

clubby":32r1erq4 said:
Can't see why not. Better to build and use it rather than store it.
You listening Mr Mac?
Yeh - now I've got the notion I'll build it as parts bin spesh anyway. Been wondering what to do for a no/low cost winter ploy and zigzag's splendid idea fits the bill nicely. Question is can I post it up here.........?

Back