It was Rich34's '76 Galaxy - now The Dawes Galaxy thread!

Kins":3ddc5vnf said:
mrcpea, that is bloody gorgeous. Not sure I could cope with all that white but looks stunning.

Not a Galaxy, but doing up an Horizon at the moment. I used to have a 1980s Super Galaxy but it got written off in an accident.

Many thanks. IKWYM about the White! love/hate thing. For once I wanted a plain bike.... AND we have a powdercoater at work with basic colours including White :mrgreen:

Any chance of photos of your Horizon? that would be excellent.

Cheers

Richard.

Re:

Well, its not even been started yet due to buggering my back on Xmas Eve so just been buying bits as and when they are on special offer. Just waiting for a new brace and then I'll get started. I have a few more bits than that, not much more to get and a tiny spare room to do it in as I live in a flat. ;) Planned a trip to Ireland or Holland in September but unless I can start doing more than 10-12 miles in a go might have to wait.

Attachments

• dawes2.jpg
    dawes2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 572
  • dawes1.jpg
    dawes1.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 572
Re:

@Mr. Kins,
mate that's gonna look lovely! More pictures when you can please!

Also, as for Mr. Cpea's white Galaxy...

suitsyousir.jpg

Re: Re:

Kins":2b44blej said:
Well, its not even been started yet due to buggering my back on Xmas Eve so just been buying bits as and when they are on special offer. Just waiting for a new brace and then I'll get started. I have a few more bits than that, not much more to get and a tiny spare room to do it in as I live in a flat. ;) Planned a trip to Ireland or Holland in September but unless I can start doing more than 10-12 miles in a go might have to wait.

That looks nice already, will be a stunner :)

Looking forward to more progress and pics

Re: Re:

Agency_Scum":36yqtf5i said:
Also, as for Mr. Cpea's white Galaxy...

...and that 94 Parkpre of yours is VERY nice indeed, I bet it rides like a dream :)
Come to think of it your Alves Tourer is pretty nice too, did you do the bars yourself?
That would suit me sir :mrgreen:

Richard.

Re:

@MrCPea,
yes, in my defense my first attempt! Being VERY tall I made a very fussy " saved search " on Ebay and the Alves frame+fork popped up after 4 months. £120 posted, cosmetically poor but mechanically sound 531 Super Touriste f+f. I felt I had the bargain of the year.

Latest posts

Back