Islabikes CNOC 14 - geared conversion?

Very neat! I don't have a need for this at this time but I will probably do such a conversion for my daughter in a couple of years time. Out of interest what is the exact modle of the hub you used? As one of the main factors why people chose islabikes is weight: How much weight did this add? What is the weight of the bike post conversion?
Thanks

FluffyChicken":1xz5nnzr said:
hamster":1xz5nnzr said:
I agree on the gripshift being too heavy for small hands to shift, I swapped to a thumbie which my sons could grab in a whole hand if necessary.

My sons been perfectly fine with them, the 3.0 on the 20L* and 24 are really light to shift.

* anyone looking for one of these?

The newer ones are definitely better! No problems with either of my sons on the 24...maybe it's also because their hands are bigger.

It's good to see someone else has managed a successful conversion. I've upgraded to the expensive thumb shifter and my son can change gear without taking his hands off the bars and wobbling all over the place.

Islabikes CNOC 14 geared conversion

Great photos and thanks for posting. I think you have answered my question about the longevity of the geared motor setup and also mating it with a 48v Ping battery. Wish you many more miles out of your kit.

Back