Is it me or is it windier than it used to be?

Re:

Perhaps you're not quite as *ahem* "aerodynamic" as you were at age 15

I'll have you know, my body is a temple. Unfortunately, some fool built it between a pub and a chip shop.

Re:

Once upon a time......

30 years have taken their toll.

Aero? No contest.

Attachments

• AAF11359-FDB3-4868-B518-FC3A20063AA0.jpeg
    AAF11359-FDB3-4868-B518-FC3A20063AA0.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 427
  • A2A2D8C3-736A-496E-A50D-447F6AD8BFD6.jpeg
    A2A2D8C3-736A-496E-A50D-447F6AD8BFD6.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 427
Re:

If your "attic picture" is a clown, does that mean you've led a very silly life?

Re:

When I go for a ride we generally set out against the wind, the idea being to ride into the wind on fresh legs, then have the wind behind us giving some assistance on the return home.

Lately, this always seems to backfire, the wind moves around and we've ended up riding into a headwind for the whole journey.

Next ride, I'm going to adopt a "make hay while the sun shines" attitude and set off with the wind.

Re: Re:

xerxes"Next ride said:
This is what I've resorted to - the wind will still be against you all the way home but at least you'll not waste too much time trying to decide which way to go!

As I live on a peninsula I don't have much choice in which direction I take for the first few miles, but I have also noticed an apparent increase in "headwinds home" this year. Normally by this stage in the year I can count on the wind being mostly southerly and hence giving me a helpful push the last few miles home, but this year it's almost always from the east or north east by afternoon.

Funnily enough I just checked the Met Office site and although it's saying light southerly winds right now, within the hour it's forecasting the wind to have switched to ENE and stay veering between E and W for the rest of the day!

Re:

As I live on a peninsula I don't have much choice in which direction I take for the first few miles.

I live on the coast, so I can't really head south unless I use a pedalo. :D

Back