What's your favourite part or component to buy?

synchronicity

Senior Retro Guru
Maybe this has been discussed before.

My 'favourite' components used to be stems and cranks as these can often be quite unique.
(but I never generally had more stems or cranks than bikes)

But lately I've been buying a lot more cassettes... more than the number of wheels I own.
Cassettes and chainrings.

What do you like to purchase?
Do you have a favourite thing?

Last edited:
Suspension shims! Or at least it was in the past when it was easier to rebuild shocks and forks with shims rather than needing lots of custom tools and pressurisation. Nothing changes how well a bike rides than setting suspension up properly using shims rather than adjusters.

- Chris Kings. Got about 30 of all kinds (1", 1 1/8" and 1 1/4 grip and nothread bold only! No devolutions, no sotto voce) now.

- Old Syncros stuff of all kind. 4 Powerlite forks, 5 pairs or revolutions so far, etc.

Thumb shifters 🤓. M732s. I really love the look of the old Campy Centaur ones but never found any in good condition. I even saw a pair being sold as NOS where the base plastic was already cracked like a spiderweb on both shifters. I expect they are a real disappointment in use.

Thumb shifters 🤓. M732s. I really love the look of the old Campy Centaur ones but never found any in good condition. I even saw a pair being sold as NOS where the base plastic was already cracked like a spiderweb on both shifters. I expect they are a real disappointment in use.
Sadly the plastic shroud/housing both Euclid and Centaur is prone to cracking with age. Even NOS that have been tucked away in a box from the suns harmful UV rays. Most are still pretty robust though despite these cracks. Vs. Shimano they are clunky in operation, but this is more due to non Hyperglide sprockets and no floating top pulley. I love them, but performance wise they get beaten by both Shimano and Suntour.

Latest posts

Back