In principle who'd be interested. Retro XC race event.

Interested in principle

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I could be persuaded – not that I was any good even when I did race…

…perhaps we could include a fun category or maybe an 'over 34s but under 35s, brown hair, brown eyes and a fat chance' category – might stand a chance of a top 10 finish then :D

To get the ball rolling maybe we should try and link in with an existing race meeting as a kind of support race (think this was mentioned earlier in thread, not trying to nick your idea). Any suggestions?

Id make up the numbers for a social and giggle if on a short course format, Wouldnt be interested in a long Epic arse in the air serious whippet job to be honest :D

I ain't fit enough Mark but it could be a goer. I had been thinking of having a little competetive fun on our next N Yorks meet. I was thinking along the lines of a Rally type format. You could have 6-7 'stages' in a loop each of about 4-5 mins duration. Being in a loop helps with timing- one guy with a stop watch, riders leaving at minute intervals. You could have a few tests on the flat, some downhill and a few with a climb in. At the end of the day you add up the times to get the winner.
Would be fun for sure and fitness would not be as important as needed for a full on race. You could also do a bit of spectating and have bit of a craic on the link sections. You could also run it as part of a normal ride out, just pick a section of trail to time on.
we could try out the concept next month on our next ride?

Si

How about age of rider - the age you think you are +age of bike x pints per lap divded by how many inches you may be able to bunnyhop (after beer/cider) EG 35 -19 + 21 x 6 (it is lunchtime) /18=12.33333333 points (or pint's over a weekend race ,riding optional)

toadoftoadhall":15s5mjzy said:
Sorry crap idea i'll keep quiet now. :roll:

Thanks for that toadoftoadhall :?

Dr. S think that the 'Rally' style is a very interesting concept. Definitely give it ago if we can at the Yorkshire meet. :cool:

Would really be interested in hearing about any races that people know of that we might be able to tie in with for our first event.

Levels of interest are looking fairly positive. :D

Gents, as usual you overcomplicate things.

Retro XC event days are simple.

You rock up with a bike and clothing in the retro spirit - if you are on a new bike, lock the fork or rear suspension out for the event to make it rigid.

There are three events all must be done on the same bike

XC race: lasting 45 minutes to 1 hour,
Uphill race: Timed or mass start race up to the top of the down hill
Downhill race: as normally run.

No prises so who cares who wins, maybe an award for the rider who most looks the part and thats it.

Everyone drinks beer, chats and has a good time.

Simple ;)

Back