In principle who'd be interested. Retro XC race event.

Interested in principle

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi fella :)

Great Idea, but
I was thinking along the lines of age related classes like under 35's, over 35's
Would you not also consider an over 40s and smoker master class :LOL: :LOL: , and a also slow as a tortoise master class, as I would not be able to enter any of the other ones :( :( :) :) but stand a chance to win these :LOL: :LOL: :cool:

Si

MJN":6grghx3z said:
A proper old skool race would be one epic lap :D

You've got me racking my brains now :? what was the nemba/karrimor series race where all categories did just one long lap as opposed to 1/2/3/4/5 short ones as in the rest of the rounds ?

Would you not also consider an over 40s and smoker master class

Put me down for that one in a couple of months...............oh no, I'm meant to quit before I hit 40 :?

I would be up for that Sinnett.

I think under 40 and over 40 would be fairer... Mmm, giving my age [and fitness] away there eh? :LOL:

Would need a classic venue too... like Cannock Chase [not that I am biased]

Oh, an bikes under 24lbs should be banned! ;)

Chaser.

Well seems that there is a little bit of interest, but still not concinced that there is enough.

I think a series is a bit beyond our means. Maybe just an annual retro classis to start with.

The class split sounds good to me, a 40 and over and under 40's. I don't really think that splitting rigids and suspension is a goer. Many riders BITD chose to stay rigid, Baker for example. However I do think a cap on bike age should be introduced, this will be difficult one as with small numbers we would not want to alienate or exclude anyone.

As for race format we would have to thrash this out subject to the venue. I would much prefer the shorter format with more races in a day. I feel this would give a more social atmosphere to the event and better value. But thats another matter to be thrashed out.

Keep the interest and suggestions coming.

I've never raced in my life. Would love a go.

Is there a class for 86 miles fully loaded with rucksack and tent? (the most I've ridden in one go).

What about St. John Ambalance back-up? I suffer from asthma and can be prone to quite random attacks.

There should be no restrictions on bikes.
Simply the year of manufacture.
Study your course and choose your weapon.
I'm in!

As long as there's no wet wooden bridge things like all these trail centres.

They make me crash.

" I suffer from asthma and can be prone to quite random attacks."

why would having asthma make you attack people :LOL:

Back