In principle who'd be interested. Retro XC race event.

Interested in principle

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be up for it in principle so long as it doesn't clash with anything else and isn't to far away.

There'd have to be an over-60's category though ;)

yes!! BMI is the way forward. i'll race if there is a fatty class. if not my bike can be availiable to be raced on!

That Singletrack event looks bang on, and fairly UK central - a weekend camp looks in order, may even bring miniKen, anyone else fancy it?

only if in the summer. Winter racing is piss poor. More so if you have to get to the event by train. We don't all have the luck of a car. Or know any body with a car.

If you pull it off take lots of pictures. Since I'm obviosly a bit to far away to play my input is just that. Back in the day we did "laps" because the promoter set it up that way to keep it simple or allow for spectating (Nationals or World Cup). The best and most epic races and the ones that I remember the fondest were the point to point ones. I raced the heck out of my rigid 18 yr mtb last summer and had a great time doing it, it would have been cool if everyone else was on a vintage bike too.

Good luck with it!

I would be interested in the Singletrack event but wouldn't want to do all the disciplines (I'm crap at Trials - and Downhilling at my age?!!).

It's not to far away BUT - it's the same weekend as my wedding anniversary. Could be a potential source of 'debate' :?

Think I had better get busy building something up straight away

Not about to get nasty dirty mud all over my lovely shiny bikes, are you mad suggesting actually riding them :D didn't spend all that money to take them out in a shitty old field

Couldn't we have a virtual race, put in our age,fitness level,bike weight etc etc and then predict a winner.
So much more civilised, quite happy to go for the tea/cakes/beer bit though

Back