I like Huffys and I can not lie

Could you give us a weight and an accurate reading of the force of calliper brakes on an mtb?

😛
I can certainly give them a weigh I ve not done it yet ahaha as far as the brakes go weeeelllll hhhhmmmm they both have excactly the same brakes and rims but both have very different braking capabilities that is if they can be called brakes in the first place the cross port does stop well and the back will lock up
The mt storm is certainly interesting on a downwards steep fire road well any slightly downwards slope tbh and hopeless in the wet
I did take for an Xc blast in the wet last year and even though the brakes were useless the geo and seating position managed to keep me on the bike when things got interesting
I still never know which brakes I am pulling on both of them anyway being American set up but it doesn’t really matter ahaha

They are both heaps of cheap fun : )

I had a huffy mj12 bmx fro. When Cory nastazio was dirt jumping for them, great bike. Iirc the mtbs never appeared to have hreatvspec etc, more entry but could be wrong. Any bike that's liked by the owner is cool

I had a huffy mj12 bmx fro. When Cory nastazio was dirt jumping for them, great bike. Iirc the mtbs never appeared to have hreatvspec etc, more entry but could be wrong. Any bike that's liked by the owner is cool
He was/still is a nutter I didn’t realise he had a huffy pro model when I used to catch the odd xgames on satellite in the 00s

saw a tidy ad for one the other day aswell

The crossport has an interesting decal and I gave up a riding day to help the girlfriend re decorate the living room and the new colour scheme nearly fits

she might let me keep it

I wonder why or maybe was just the previous owners barrel lock code

Attachments

• 6DEFA822-4E92-4FB4-840E-BABA6BA0A7BE.jpeg
    6DEFA822-4E92-4FB4-840E-BABA6BA0A7BE.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 4
Gary Helfrich was legendary for winning the ‘Huffy Toss’ back in the 80s. Trigger alert ….Thats what artisan bike fabricators thought of Huffys !View attachment 771971
Can’t put laughing emoji as well as love hearts aswell as sad all at the same time

Brilliant photo tho

Oh definitely from an “artisan” frame builders perspective yeh I would agree

But an American made huffy from the 80s and very early 90s is still far far better than all the budget brands gunf since I would say

Back