I like Huffys and I can not lie

I never knew the brand was sold in Europe. I thought they were USA only and K-Mart had the deal to sell them. I had one for a brief time in 4th grade before it was stolen by someone who obviously needed that Huffy more than I did.

Things tend to be circular: Huffy was the POS bike from the 80's, but now may stand above the cliches. Off hand that chainring cover is looking pretty boss. I would imagine the frames are built like a tank considering they weigh just as much.

never 'erd of 'em
Maybe Huffys never heard of Eric James : / ahhaa they are/were a massive US bike brand and American made up until somewhere in the mid late 90s
fondly known for BMXs in the late 70s and 80s by BMXers
Made all sorts of bikes and some early Huffys go for silly money (pre 60s)
Became a catalogue brand
then whoever bought them out and started to go very downhill as most other brands do post 2000s

I never knew the brand was sold in Europe. I thought they were USA only and K-Mart had the deal to sell them. I had one for a brief time in 4th grade before it was stolen by someone who obviously needed that Huffy more than I did.

Things tend to be circular: Huffy was the POS bike from the 80's, but now may stand above the cliches. Off hand that chainring cover is looking pretty boss. I would imagine the frames are built like a tank considering they weigh just as much.
It’s an import I think as your correct in thinking - any pre 2000s Huffy over here in the UK made it here somehow - it’s got its brakes the wrong way round which is a clue

The disc drive is quite interesting Ahaha no slot for a Lazer Disc unfortunately

Not as heavy as you think/remember but not light either but these things are really well built and ride really well with their klunkerish angles

supposedly these things were coveted by London couriers in the 90s for their comfort speed and low maintenance

I can kinda see why they are pretty comfy and roll well and have a little steel flex that’s just enough to take the edge off small bumps but not too much flex

This one is a 90/91 ish from what I can gather and I have a 91/92 ish Huffy MT Storm in bright yellow which is just ever so slightly more MTB than ATB than this one

Also not sure but with both of them I might have the largest early 90s Huffy collection this side of the Pennines ahaha but don’t quote me on that ahaha

perfect cheap retro beaters that have really surprised me as far as actually using and riding them

Reminds me of the boxed catalogue bikes that dads would drag into bike shops bitd and enquire ‘how much to build it up properly mate’ ? Followed my lots of teeth air sucking, ‘thats more than I paid for the bike, what a rip off’ ! The mechanics quivering in their boots…whispering…’please dont take that in’.

I remember Huffy bikes being sold in Toys R Us in the nineties in the UK.

I had one and it was slightly lighter than a small family hatchback!
BMXs though maybe or was it right towards the late 90s when they started importing the Taiwanese huffys which were piss poor onwards except the green machine ahaha

Reminds me of the boxed catalogue bikes that dads would drag into bike shops bitd and enquire ‘how much to build it up properly mate’ ? Followed my lots of teeth air sucking, ‘thats more than I paid for the bike, what a rip off’ ! The mechanics quivering in their boots…whispering…’please dont take that in’.
This still happens pppffttt nothings changed ahaha

Back