i have never liked my neighbours son

Russell":1hft2vmk said:
Drewson":1hft2vmk said:
Jees, i hope we're not turning into a load of the incrowd that used to hang around LBS's sneering and mocking anyone with a bike that isn't dripping with the latest "trick" kit & who isn't a pro cyclist.....glad a lot of bike shops aren't like that anymore :roll:

+1.

I'm trying to decide who the bigger 'prat' is, the newbie who fits a gel seat cover to his bike, or the 'experienced cyclist' who spends a grand on some hubs but walks out with the wrong ones.

@drewson, i'm not generally a snob as such regarding newbies but this guy is a knob so i make the exception ;)

@russell, i didn't even look as i had wrongly assumed Cliff had checked, my mistake i suppose but i didn't go in there intending to get those hubs, i was going for the standard ones but was offered a deal and i took it, if he hasn't got the right ones in stock i'll go for the standard ones instead as i just want to get the bike going now! and i'm sorry if buying the best parts i can afford offends you :roll:

jonnyboy666":3pr1pdy3 said:
@drewson, i'm not generally a snob as such regarding newbies but this guy is a knob so i make the exception ;)

I assumed as much....in that case the best way to p*ss him off would be to subtly show him that bashing your elbows with your knees every revolution ain't that useful or comfortable..... :D Maintain that moral high ground my friend ;)

sylus":jdyygp38 said:
24 and living at home was the biggest clue to being a nob never mind the seat cover

My son's 25 and still lives at home. I'll let him know what you think of him.

I'm not offended at all, but perhaps your neighbour is just buying the best parts he can afford aswell?

Why is that so offensive to you?

Maybe a friendly nudge in the right direction rather than ridiculing him on an internet forum would be a nicer course of action.

Your neighbour clearly doesn't know how to set his bike up properly - why not show him..?

Looking at the evidence, he's still nowhere near as big a t*at as the pillocks who go into a bike shop, choose the £4.5k 'must have' MTB and then ask the shop to set it up for them because they can't do it themselves, before strapping it to the back of their Audi and driving off to the nearest trail centre to get in everyone's way thanks to their complete and utter lack of any form of ability whatsoever.. :roll:

(ps. That's not aimed at anybody - just a general remark!)

Hmmm
Many of the posts in this thread remind me of when I did a little bit of racing around 88-89, people parading round with their Overburys and Yetis, sneering at lesser mortals. Kind of sad really.

chiswickcollectables":2ptzea6e said:
I shave my cubes.

Is that not to much information?? :LOL: Also going off topic. Perhaps a picture to prove it :LOL:

As for the neighbors bike. That could be a nice modern.

3A0E161F-3D66-4A06-936E-98969127F581-23414-00001BAD55BB6B3D.jpg

Back