I blame the constant rain!

I'm not sure if it would work with verrucas but my favourite treatment for warts is to sand the wart down as much as I dare, then put a spot of battery acid on it.

swansons teatree cream ;) .....some people use white vinagar as it kills most fungus, better than bleach in the house.

I had a weird 'growth' on my finger a few years back, after scratching it in the garden. Docs insisted it couldn't be a reaction to a scratch or bite and must have been a viral wart, however I suspect it was more fungal in origin. They tried freezing it 3 or 4 times to no avail, then referred me to a dermatologist who rubbed acid into it for several weeks, likewise with no effect at all. The weirdest thing was the speed at which it grew back after being frozen/burnt, the scab would come off and 2 or 3 days later it would be full-size again (5mm thick, right on the end joint, and VERY painful)
After a chance comment from a colleague at work, I took to wrapping it with electrical insulation tape - after less than a week it had halved in size, and after 2 more weeks it had totally gone. Still got a scar & a numb patch on my finger.

Koupe":3ala3zft said:
I had a weird 'growth' on my finger a few years back, after scratching it in the garden. Docs insisted it couldn't be a reaction to a scratch or bite and must have been a viral wart, however I suspect it was more fungal in origin. They tried freezing it 3 or 4 times to no avail, then referred me to a dermatologist who rubbed acid into it for several weeks, likewise with no effect at all. The weirdest thing was the speed at which it grew back after being frozen/burnt, the scab would come off and 2 or 3 days later it would be full-size again (5mm thick, right on the end joint, and VERY painful)
After a chance comment from a colleague at work, I took to wrapping it with electrical insulation tape - after less than a week it had halved in size, and after 2 more weeks it had totally gone. Still got a scar & a numb patch on my finger.

starving it of oxygen seems to have a good effect.
i've hammered my verrucas for a month and since taking the tape off, they dont seem to be growing back as much as they did.
may sand the hard skin off and give them one last 'f**k you' with some more of the same :p
i was sick of walking around with what felt like a stone in the bottom of my heels!

Back