Repairs, modifications and reproduction parts

August Bicycles

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hey everyone,

First things first. If there's someone here already who offers all of the above and is the forum go-to, apologies, I don’t want to tread on toes and will not pursue this. However, if not, I wanted to properly introduce myself and tell you what I can offer.

I'm Gavin, I run/am August Bicycles. I'm a custom framebuilder and wheelbuilder and have been operating for eight years. As well as making custom bikes, our workshop is focused on more sustainable interests with restorations and repairs being a real speciality (steel only I'm afraid).

I grew up racing in the era of all these bikes (my wife insists I say that I raced for Team GB after being National Downhill Champ). I remember them and lusted after them and understand the work a lot of them need to keep going now. Also, I'm happy to live vicariously through your amazing projects to keep them alive.

We can tig weld and fillet braze. If there's 'unobtanium' parts, we can most likely replicate them through CNC machining, but we are really hot on not copying original parts so that they lose their value or see the market flooded with aftermarket fakes. We have also just completed a paint course and will be offering finishing as well next year.

We're based in Norwich and some of our previous restos are featured on our Instagram (come give us a follow, always nice to connect).

Anyway, we just wanted to say hello and offer ourselves as a potential supplier of services and help that you might need.

Gav (and Amy).

Last edited:
Back