How much would you pay for a vintage Miyata 1000?

dirttorpedo

Senior Retro Guru
I'm toying with buying a mid 80's Miyata 1000 - looks to be in good condition based on the photos. Am curious what the group feels is market value for these bikes. I see the prices all over the place - $1500 to $300 CDN is what I've seen over the years locally.

I am not sure that particular model was ever sold in Europe. Its local counterpart was the Koga-Miyata Randonneur, and those tend to fetch €200-€300 in good condition here in Holland. FWIW.

Local market conditions have a huge influence on value, so anything between $100 and $1,000 may be reasonable in your area.

I am not sure that particular model was ever sold in Europe. Its local counterpart was the Koga-Miyata Randonneur, and those tend to fetch €200-€300 in good condition here in Holland. FWIW.

Local market conditions have a huge influence on value, so anything between $100 and $1,000 may be reasonable in your area.
300 euro is around $430 CDN at the moment. I've agreed to pay a bit more than that ($600CDN) I think its reasonable as the owner has to make a ferry trip for the exchange.

My friend got one for just over $300 a few years back for a very clean version that is a couple of years newer, but I think that was an exceptional deal.

Glad to see that you got it. In the grand scheme of things $600 CDN for a bike you really like is not a bad deal at all. Congrats!

Hi guys, anyone knows how much I can get for my Miyata 5000 elevation bike.? Its all platinum color.I have no clue . Believe I got it in 1992? Thanx ahead for any answers.

Glad you have it sorted -this one (picture with black bar tape) was $275 CAD on FB marketplace (BC interior, Canada). It cleaned up pretty well (photo with white bar tape). Frame was in decent condition, parts were pretty rough (cracked left crankarm, drivetrain wear, tires cracking, though original wheelset was in decent shape and useable).

IMG_5850.jpeg View attachment 850935 IMG_5830.jpeg

Glad you have it sorted -this one (picture with black bar tape) was $275 CAD on FB marketplace (BC interior, Canada). It cleaned up pretty well (photo with white bar tape). Frame was in decent condition, parts were pretty rough (cracked left crankarm, drivetrain wear, tires cracking, though original wheelset was in decent shape and useable).

View attachment 850936 View attachment 850935View attachment 850937
That cleaned up really nice. Hard to believe the previous owner cracked a crank arm on a touring bike. $275 is a great price for a Miyata 1000 even with some wear and tear.

Back