How did I miss this...(Middleburn closed it's doors)

Re:

It'll be interesting to watch this develop.

I read a bit about this on Singletrack:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... burn-lives

And one chap made a good point about quality.

I.e. All though the aesthetics were always good the heart of the Middleburn product was quality. Obviously only time will tell what the new owners can offer but a poorly made crank or ring with an old name on it won't last.

I am pleased to hear BETD are taking them. At least they aren't like the farcical "Holdsworth" frames manufactured for Planet X in some Vietnamese sweatshop where the workers have no rights.

I hope that with the exchange rate being so poor at the minute, British made botique parts might look more attractive.

An all-european built bike. I like that idea.

Re: Re:

WWC":224vihwz said:
It'll be interesting to watch this develop.

I read a bit about this on Singletrack:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... burn-lives

And one chap made a good point about quality.

I.e. All though the aesthetics were always good the heart of the Middleburn product was quality. Obviously only time will tell what the new owners can offer but a poorly made crank or ring with an old name on it won't last.

I would suspect that in buying Middleburn, BETD are getting all the tooling and machinery necessary to produce Middleburn products. BETD themselves make quality stuff and I would imagine that there will be no drop in quality. Time will tell I suppose, but I'd have no qualms about buying newly produced Middleburn gear from the new owners.

Ooh I hope BETD pull this off. So sad when excellent British company's go bust or equally bad are bought but some foreign moron and it declines rapidly.
Just hope they make the same range and more!!

I was surprised to hear this, especially when there seem to be other smaller and I'd assume less volume UK based manufacturers still going. Don't get me wrong, I like 'use' stuff but to me they are a much smaller outfit and I'd have thought more likely to vanish before middleburn.

Great that middleburn are no longer going to disappear. I read a few middleburn related articles and it would seem they could have had (and have has in the past) a larger range of products such as disc brakes.

Middleburn and betd have a good name when it comes quality, hopefully they can build on that and introduce other parts. Would it be cool to build a bike using just UK made bits??

Back