Hope rear hub help onto Cannondale Volvo

Re:

SORTED!

I’ve managed to get the exact same wheel/hub with the correct bits so all good.

Thank you all so much for the advice

Wheel with the weird axle/gadgets is now for sale

Re:

Glad you are sorted, got to be honest who ever sold you that wheel was a bit naughty not to supply all the parts(unless of course they also dident realise what they had).

Re: Re:

Timoth27":26lf1dx3 said:
Glad you are sorted, got to be honest who ever sold you that wheel was a bit naughty not to supply all the parts(unless of course they also dident realise what they had).

I sent them a message (not on here). I agree with you. They knew 100% new what they had. What annoys me is that Ive been continuosuly riding/racing bikes from the end of the 80's and Ive never come across this :oops:

The pics show the hub but it didn't register...wasnt mentioned in the ad :cry:

Re:

Yeah stupid thing is that the torsion arm and caliper mounting bracket are pretty much useless without the hub so I don’t really understand how they would of gotten separated.

Re:

Exactly!

No matter, at least Ive got a wheel which is pretty much new that I can rebuild with the correct hub and use as a spare.

just need to find the axle and spacers now.

Re:

Just a polite suggestion that if yours is one of the frames with a vbrake option it may be better to use that as those dropouts fail quite easily with a disc.

Re:

Cheers for that! No, it’s a CAAD 5 frame with no option. But in all honesty the brakes aren’t great so I don’t think it will be an issue.

Back