HONC 2018 -Who's in?

Re: Re:

player":3p7hoopo said:

Nice one Will. :D

We're coming close to needing a wide angle lens for the group photo

cherrybomb":3p7hoopo said:
Mike Muz 67":3p7hoopo said:
To be fair, the 100 isn't a lot harder. There's a fair amount of road riding, so chance to recover from any battering you're getting off road

That is definitely worth knowing. I'd be pissed if I'd decided to do the 50 & found that out after.

On the day you'll get a good quality colour OS map with both routes on (just encase you miss a marker or need to bail) so you'll be able to see what's instore for you and by then we'll all know if the grounds hard/soft/or darn right wet.
Everyone stops at the first food station/coffee stop usually a village hall prior to making the decision a few clicks up the road and by then you'll be 25k in and have a good grip on things.

There’s always some good 40mph off road downhills so maybe. Always rode hard tail myself. This year going rigid.

xxnick1975":xcphmog3 said:
Should I fit some suspension forks?

To be honest the amount of gravel or cyclo cross riders who ride it rigid suggests to me you really don't need suspension

You'll see everything from Phat bikes to Cyclo cross, and everything in-between and of all ages.

As per other posts in the past few days I'm not a particularly skilled / naturally talented rider and wouldn't attempt to ride without a bit of bounce up front ..... But plenty do !

I guess if its wet/soft ground mother nature will be forgiving on your arms, the chances of bone dry-rock hard ground again this year are slim, but I'd certainly welcome it.

Re:

I’ve done it rigid (Klein and Torus), hard tail (P7)and full suss (STS), wet and dry.
The two years that were most easy, one was wet and I was riding a Torus with very flexy ti UGLI forks and last year was dry and I did it on my STS.

IMHO, you can do it on anything. Other than basic fitness bike fit is the most important thing over the day’s riding.

Re:

Was thinking of taking the trusty singlespeed but judging by the road sections in the clips i think I'll pass :LOL:

xxnick1975":3jtfek17 said:
So what’s all the snow mean for the route? More likely to be muddy or is there time for it to dry out?

I wouldn't worry as its still over a month away mate :D

player":16sup65x said:
xxnick1975":16sup65x said:
So what’s all the snow mean for the route? More likely to be muddy or is there time for it to dry out?

I wouldn't worry as its still over a month away mate :D

+THM lives on the actual route /Course so updates are always readily available closer to the event

Back