HONC 2023

Nice one. My gamble on the summer tyres turned out to be a bust as this weeks rain left some of the trails a little slippery, imagine turning up to play rugby wearing ballet shoes.

Great route though, proper challenge and bloody lovely sunny day.

Attachments

• IMG_0666.jpeg
    IMG_0666.jpeg
    669.3 KB · Views: 8
Russell those tyres look positively frightening for today's course or at least for those last two descents.

Great weather and course again and the usual well organised event that it's always been. Great also to catch up with my Mayhem teammate AMC again too and we had a good natter alomg the way. That cold lager was rather excellent at the end too.

Looking forward to next year especially as they're now talking about doing the ride on a Saturday instead of the usual Sunday with camping on the Friday and Saturday night so we can actually make a weekend of it.

Yep, that was an absolute pleasure. A brilliant ride thanks to @player and some cracking weather.

We did the 75k and had I been better prepared with water and snacks, then 100k is defo on the cards next year. The course is interesting. On paper I'd raise my eyebrows and wonder if it'd be any good. In practice, it's great. Nothing technical, good climbs but nothing massively steep or too long, and some insane decents (we must have exceeded 50mph in spots). It's about 50:50 road/off-road so you motor around at a healthy pace.

The star of the show is the scenery. It's chocolate box material with some epic views of the Malverns near the end. As @player says, if they switch to a Saturday and have some entertainment in the evening, then a full weekend sounds great.

Uro4kM.jpg

OBSAUl.jpg

Wadh39.jpg

Start as you mean to go on...

cTVNRz.jpg

DY8q0r.jpg

xuQ00X.jpg

gt0rI1.jpg

RyGTnV.jpg

OiP75I.jpg

Done in 4:20 (VAPENATION!), the first 2 hours flew by - sign of a good ride!

SFL5LI.jpg

Plenty of scope to make this a mini-festival should they desire.

jWVxvZ.jpg

Spot on and brewed just a few miles down the road 👌

Back