hidden treasure?

Hiddentreasure

Retro Newbie
hello everyone,
i am a single mom and recently bought a house. The elder couple that used to own this house left a lot of stuff, amongst the things I found were 2 old bikes. I put them on market place and i got so much respond that i am pretty sure imust have found a treasure...
well, i had people offering me 30€ and I had people telling me not to go under 600€....
so what the heck do i have :O pls can someone help me out?
what i know already is that the bike must be from around the 60s... since the old owner is 93 now and he drove this bike in his 20/30s. the tires are flat, but not really broken... yet all pieces on that bike are original campagnolo pieces... the name of the bike is Gazelle champion Mondial..

so pls, could someone be so kind and help me out telling me what this bike is really worth?

i dont know how to add pictures here, but i could send the link to the advert i created...

https://www.marktplaats.nl/plaats/m1617 ... mympSeller

Hullo.
Although not a roadie, to help you.

The posting pics you need more posts( 5 i think, but im sure someone else will roll in and confirm that.

You can post here for a valuation
viewtopic.php?t=29681
Although not everyone gets a reply, just timing/interest

Or if you're looking for a discussion on it you can post here -
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29297

On this latter section you click POST REPLY, not 'New Topic'

Unfortunately, not every lucky find is a fortune in the waiting, as literally thousands were produced, and age, condition and rarity plays a part.

Here on RB we're really about renovating, rebuilding and getting it onto the road. Which in many cases gives you a quality made bike, far exceeding the lax standards of today.

2 bikes is 2 modes of FREE TRANSPORT. And maybe something to do sitting in front of the fire on a rainy winters evening. Sit and clean, sit and polish.
Quite simple really, especially the older stuff, and when you get into it it raises your understanding of how they function. Many customers do say they find even removing the rear wheel to fix a puncture to be a daunting proposition, but in reality theres nowt to it.

Try putting the photos on here rather than a link. I couldn't get it to open I'm afraid. I'm sure you'll get some help.

Re:

Nice romantic thoughts, but I reckon as a single mom, she'll be too busy to sit and polish bike parts on a dreary evening and any money raised will help the household budget

haha yeah i dont have time for that lmao :D but funny story, i thought they were rusty and old so i almost gave them away for free till someone offered 50€ and then another one 100.. and so on and so on... so i am on 325 now and i am really suprised this is happening for real... haha

dyna-ti":enhd9igz said:
Hullo.
Although not a roadie, to help you.

The posting pics you need more posts( 5 i think, but im sure someone else will roll in and confirm that.

You can post here for a valuation
viewtopic.php?t=29681
Although not everyone gets a reply, just timing/interest

Or if you're looking for a discussion on it you can post here -
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29297

On this latter section you click POST REPLY, not 'New Topic'

Unfortunately, not every lucky find is a fortune in the waiting, as literally thousands were produced, and age, condition and rarity plays a part.

Here on RB we're really about renovating, rebuilding and getting it onto the road. Which in many cases gives you a quality made bike, far exceeding the lax standards of today.

2 bikes is 2 modes of FREE TRANSPORT. And maybe something to do sitting in front of the fire on a rainy winters evening. Sit and clean, sit and polish.
Quite simple really, especially the older stuff, and when you get into it it raises your understanding of how they function. Many customers do say they find even removing the rear wheel to fix a puncture to be a daunting proposition, but in reality theres nowt to it.

do I open a new reply over there or can i leave it for now?

Old Ned":1nf4u1tt said:
Try putting the photos on here rather than a link. I couldn't get it to open I'm afraid. I'm sure you'll get some help.

I avoid links as a matter of net safety protocol.

Back