Help me build world lightest MTB

Dangerholm has got a modern HT Scale 29er down to 6.2 kilos. That's had shit loads of cash, expertise, custom components and time thrown at it. I'd not be surprised if it owes him €20000 (if it was a stand alone project). A rigid 26er you should be able to get well under 6 with the same sort of approach.

SebK's 4.5/.7/.8 kilo bike is an irrelevance. Unrideable in any sense of the word. I'm amazed he isn't dead based on some of his more questionable modifications. But then the bike never gets ridden, so maybe I'm not surprised.
YES, Matt you're correct, I made some maths and calcs and should be around 5.5 Kg at the lightes rideable way
So I will change the target

Have you considered diet pills? You could then buy any sub 11kg mountain bike from say 1996, and actually save money on food too!

If you consider the percentage of your weight the bike actually represents, its a fraction. I would, like others, be seriously worried that after serious expenditure, all you would have is a bike only capable of being hung over the mantlepiece!

Bitd people would come in the shop and argue and agonise over spending huge sums to save 20g on a pair of brakes......JUST HAVE A PEE BEFORE YOU GO OUT!

If its your passion, more power to your elbow, but i wont expect to see you down the woods on it any time soon.

All the best with the project.

Have you considered diet pills? You could then buy any sub 11kg mountain bike from say 1996, and actually save money on food too!

If you consider the percentage of your weight the bike actually represents, its a fraction. I would, like others, be seriously worried that after serious expenditure, all you would have is a bike only capable of being hung over the mantlepiece!

Bitd people would come in the shop and argue and agonise over spending huge sums to save 20g on a pair of brakes......JUST HAVE A PEE BEFORE YOU GO OUT!

If its your passion, more power to your elbow, but i wont expect to see you down the woods on it any time soon.

All the best with the project.
Have you seen his belly? Trust me these arent being ridden on anything except smooth tarmac for a short ride.

Latest posts

Back