Help identifying Giant bike

EFRuss

Retro Newbie
Friends, hello everyone, help me determine the model of the bike. They offered to buy, saying that this is a Giant of the mid-early 90s
The size is approximately 50-52 sizes. We didn't see any numbers on the frame, maybe they looked bad)

FY5k2baxuWdSbjtqQr0Ijpl6uWPYeLNl

558oOLaxS3Yej8l7alv6n9WbS3KUmUF0

oDhYMLaxDNFuh47cFFq9OKWTDNXkkQbT

I would say a OCR from around the millenium.
it looks as though someone has got a frame and hung real cheap components onto it. The reason the frame might have been separated from the bits might be that the rear hanger snapped, hence the cheapo bolt-on rear mech hanger. Without closer inspection its hard to say

I would say a OCR from around the millenium.
it looks as though someone has got a frame and hung real cheap components onto it. The reason the frame might have been separated from the bits might be that the rear hanger snapped, hence the cheapo bolt-on rear mech hanger. Without closer inspection its hard to say
Thank you very much for your response, but on the attachment you are right there are the most initial models of Shimano. I really did not know that there were OCR models with gears on the frame. Interesting..

I''m not sure it is a Giant... I have never seen one of their compact frames with gear lever bosses on the frame - it might have been added on but if it has then either the cable bosses will still be there, or there will be marks remaining where they have been removed. The earlier horizontal TT frames do have them though.
And I can't see it well in the pics, but is the seatpin clamp an integral part of the frame, or an external band on type? I have only ever seen compact alloy Giant frames with the external band type

not saying it's not, just it doesn't quite seem right but that might just be becaue it's hard to see in the pics

I did wonder if it's not a giant but a cheeky chinese budget copy. The seat tube clearance looks massive for a genuine giant. This plus the bolt on gear hanger plus the crude seatpin clamp plus lever bosses.

Is it steel or aluminum?

Back