Help needed to identify Orange mtb

your name rings other bells in my head I'm afraid, Bosley Mill is a learning point I use frequently in training sessions.
Yes, we lived in Congy at the time. Was a terrible waste of life, sadly people began "urban exploring" in the buildings not long after including the houses of some of the deceased. Super disrespectful. I take it you do H&S/fire compliance or similar?

your name rings other bells in my head I'm afraid, Bosley Mill is a learning point I use frequently in training sessions.
I guess you are referring to Bosley Wood Treatment? The mill processed sawdust into wood flour and there was a catastrophic explosion a few years back, several of the workers there were killed. You had to see the devastation the explosion caused to believe it - all from wood flour dust.

Yes, we lived in Congy at the time. Was a terrible waste of life, sadly people began "urban exploring" in the buildings not long after including the houses of some of the deceased. Super disrespectful. I take it you do H&S/fire compliance or similar?
I used to have a narrowboat and moored at the bottom of Bosley Locks. You could walk along the disused railway from there into the Wood Treatment mill so I knew it quite well.

Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres (DSEAR) is the training I give where I use it. H&S and Fire safety are part of my work but not all of it.

the fact people explored it is just an indictment of the modern misunderstanding of acceptable behavior.

I guess you are referring to Bosley Wood Treatment? The mill processed sawdust into wood flour and there was a catastrophic explosion a few years back, several of the workers there were killed. You had to see the devastation the explosion caused to believe it - all from wood flour dust.

I saw the devastation. I use it as an example of how bad it could be if you don't understand your hazards.

for anybody who hasn't heard of it.

I use this image as a lessons learned, when you point out the telehandler at the bottom of the picture most people suddenly understand how bad it can be.

sorry, I shouldn't have raised it, this isn't the place for it.

1710510910327.png

Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres (DSEAR) is the training I give where I use it. H&S and Fire safety are part of my work but not all of it.

the fact people explored it is just an indictment of the modern misunderstanding of acceptable behavior.

I saw the devastation. I use it as an example of how bad it could be if you don't understand your hazards.

for anybody who hasn't heard of it.

I use this image as a lessons learned, when you point out the telehandler at the bottom of the picture most people suddenly understand how bad it can be.

sorry, I shouldn't have raised it, this isn't the place for it.

View attachment 830060
As your photo shows it was like a war zone, it was amazing the number who survived the explosion. It wrecked the cottages next to the mill.
As I understand it was simply caused by not cleaning the plant thoroughly.

Most of the kit looks like it was assembled by orange rather than a custom build.
Stx 3x7, orange Post, stem, saddle...
cheapo tange 1" aheadset(?),
The cables match the redone decals - so it's been refreshed at some point.
maybe it was originally a sus model with a rockshox indy that has died, so a reasonable matching rigid plated fork put on there?

We are thinking it would have had the orange f7 fork as the rigid option

Last edited:
Back