Gold 'Shogun Team Issue'. Need help identifying/pricing for sale.

chrissyven

Retro Newbie
I won this bike from a eBay auction a few months ago but sadly, for many reasons, I can't ride it so I'm looking to move it on :(

I'm not too clued in when it comes to bikes, I just bought it because it was close, lightweight and gold!

The original listing didn't include much information. So I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this model and could help me identify the specifics. I want to be as detailed as possible when I list this beauty.

I want to list it as Buy It Now but have no idea how to price it :(

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• s-l16002.jpeg
    s-l16002.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 18
  • s-l160015.jpeg
    s-l160015.jpeg
    242.2 KB · Views: 18
  • s-l160011.jpeg
    s-l160011.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 15
  • s-l160010.jpeg
    s-l160010.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 15
  • s-l16009.jpeg
    s-l16009.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 16
  • s-l16006.jpeg
    s-l16006.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 19
For the same price you paid? Or double it?
I think it's worth more than the price I won it at auction, I found a very old forum post from around 10 years ago with the person offering £350 but that seems a bit steep? Nobody replied to him in the thread so I'm guessing it was!

Personally I like the look of it, but it has a few things against it, unfortunately. First of all, in general aluminium road bikes are not that desirable these days (with some exceptions). Secondly, the Shogun brand is better known in the US, and even then it's not very well known, I'd think (and more known as a cheap MTB brand here now - I suspect the name was bought up at some point). It's a nice clean example, but from what I can see the bits on it are fairly middling too, so I think as much it's a nice bike, I think you'd struggle to get much over £100 for it.

That might sound harsh, but as someone who has sold/tried to sell a few bikes recently, the market is really not great at the moment unless it's something special.

Back