Help needed to identify Orange mtb

Bosley

Retro Newbie
My daughter was given this and we are looking for some help in identifying the model.
From the serial number A606 I’m assuming it dates from 1996 and it looks to be in original condition. Apart from the Orange decals I haven’t been able to find any other identifying markers.( Apologies for the crap photos the bike was buried under a load of boxes in her garage )

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpeg
    IMG_0098.jpeg
    648.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0097.jpeg
    IMG_0097.jpeg
    463.5 KB · Views: 54
I know nowt about Orange sadly, but thought I'd just say Hi & welcome. Also, we were up near The Cloud the other day (assuming your username relates to that Bosley) for the first time in a couple of years, wow the place has changed!

I know nowt about Orange sadly, but thought I'd just say Hi & welcome. Also, we were up near The Cloud the other day (assuming your username relates to that Bosley) for the first time in a couple of years, wow the place has changed!
Hi, thanks for the welcome, yes, l live in Congleton, the Cloud is one of my favourite places to go, great views from the top on a clear day.

View attachment 830023
97 perhaps? Still inch ahead but no longer canti hanger on the wishbone so vs had arrived as oe
The stickers look wrong though
Thanks for the info, I’ve just been looking at the archive 1997 catalog for the P7 only difference I can see are the front forks but I get the impression that when you were ordering a bike from new you could mix and match various parts

I’m taking it out for a test ride at the weekend - I feel like a kid at Christmas with a new toy! My 10 year old grandson is going with me so I’ll probably struggle to keep up. Anyway thanks again for the replies.

Back