Heads up if buying from r2-bike.com in Germany

The way I read their website is that the minimum Uk order is 160 euros. (£135 ish).

Also it says that if you are in the UK , you don’t pay German VAT but you do pay UK duties.

It’s all there on their site should a person be bothered to look. But of course that’s never the case .

IMG_4452.png

Having to check where things are coming from is a pain, but it’s what apparently 51% of the country voted for… although I personally only know a handful that did…

Lovely brexit benefit, along with be roaming charges reintroduced and ejection from research projects and the ability to stay in the eu, etc… but duty free is now a saving for fags and booze and we get blue passports, not to mention all that lovely sovereignty 🙄

Your thread title kinda implies that its some kind of "germanys" or r2-bike shops fault ...

its a general "problem" when buying from outside of your beloved brexit country. and part of general terms when importing stuff from outside of the EU to your island.

Has nothing to do with r2-bike or Germany in general.

Surely no one is surprised when they get hit for VAT and import duty these days.
@fguki is absolutely right - nothing to do with R2 or Germany - all of "our" own doing. To be fair, I'm impressed that they deducted the German sales tax first - chapeau R2

and we get blue passports, not to mention all that lovely sovereignty 🙄
Are those the wonderful blue UK passports that are made in Poland by a Dutch/French company?

I have no problem with Germany, and this thread is not about Bexit..............

It was just a heads up to others and a vent of my frustrations for not being aware of the import charges, yes I should have known.

I know ... but I find the titles people choose for their posts very odd and misleading many times. I wish people were much more accurate and would spend 2 more minutes to really pick a precise title for their threads. Would really improve the forum!

Lately, the general level of titles of posts have dropped again. People love to put scandalous headlines in their posts just to lure people in.

I am very sure you can imagine that trading with the UK in general has become nothing but a pain in the ass - for shops like r2-bike and every other german online bike-shop as well!

Back