Has anyone dropped acid......

I am loving the little boxed fishnet design, makes me feel like I'm in a cube. Can't wait to see the whole thing put back together. I want to spruce up all my old fading bits with a bit of paint but it's lashing down and the carport is quite leaky

Also I'm not sure I'm allowed to get into body paint, so I guess I'll have to leave my own fading bits and find some bike stuff to try it on first

I am loving the little boxed fishnet design, makes me feel like I'm in a cube. Can't wait to see the whole thing put back together. I want to spruce up all my old fading bits with a bit of paint but it's lashing down and the carport is quite leaky

Also I'm not sure I'm allowed to get into body paint, so I guess I'll have to leave my own fading bits and find some bike stuff to try it on first
Haha body paint..I'm turning into a goth!

IMG_20220529_194007_899.jpg

I've just started its own thread ...let other people fill this one up with paint insanity!

This thread was already pure gold.

But the polar bear really sealed the deal.

Then the pottery joke had me real life lol'ing.

But actually, I do get a bit of a pottery vibe.

You know, just the other day, my wife picked up an old Ken Price book for me (the chap that painted my avatar and one of my all time favorites) and, flicking through it, I said to her, "You know luv (I didn't say that at all, I haven't lived in England for nearly twenty-years and she's American anyway), if I ever start that imaginary bike company of mine, I'm definitely going to use Ken Price and the like for all the branding and visual reference. I'm surprised that didn't happen more back in the day, actaully. The whole Memphis design thing would have been great through the lens of a bike company."

Those dudes definitely all got HAF before they got behind the ol' pottery wheel too.

Ken and Ron Nagle both loved using auto paint in their work so I reckon they'd have been well into this thread.

This thread was already pure gold.

But the polar bear really sealed the deal.

Then the pottery joke had me real life lol'ing.

But actually, I do get a bit of a pottery vibe.

You know, just the other day, my wife picked up an old Ken Price book for me (the chap that painted my avatar and one of my all time favorites) and, flicking through it, I said to her, "You know luv (I didn't say that at all, I haven't lived in England for nearly twenty-years and she's American anyway), if I ever start that imaginary bike company of mine, I'm definitely going to use Ken Price and the like for all the branding and visual reference. I'm surprised that didn't happen more back in the day, actaully. The whole Memphis design thing would have been great through the lens of a bike company."

Those dudes definitely all got HAF before they got behind the ol' pottery wheel too.

Ken and Ron Nagle both loved using auto paint in their work so I reckon they'd have been well into this thread.
Well the thread ain't dead.. hopefully others will keep it alive with their far out ideas for paint jobs!
Mine has officially finished .....for the time being 😁
The black parts are too severe....it's going to need a little extra something ....something random and colourful.👍

So I have an idea 😁

I've been saving this to liven up a dull day....

IMG_20220530_093936_037.jpg

A few well placed water balloons of paint....ignite....presto instant paint job! 😂

And if you ever start a bike company.....I'm tea boy 👍

Well the thread ain't dead.. hopefully others will keep it alive with their far out ideas for paint jobs!
Mine has officially finished .....for the time being 😁
The black parts are too severe....it's going to need a little extra something ....something random and colourful.👍

So I have an idea 😁

I've been saving this to liven up a dull day....

View attachment 631437

A few well placed water balloons of paint....ignite....presto instant paint job! 😂

And if you ever start a bike company.....I'm tea boy 👍

No chance.

You're head of Special Projects.

No chance.

You're head of Special Projects.
Well alrighty then ....! The word special makes me all fuzzy inside 😊

First job would be head office.....work environment is the key to productivity and the creative processes 👍.....so you like Memphis design 🤔 hmmm I did have a moment for a few years where a lot of my creations would've tickled your fancy! (Might have to go and rummage for posterity in a mo..Jeez thinking about it .....I might have some Formica laminates you'd go beserk for!!)
It kind of then morphed over to modernism or a blend of both if that were ever possible!

anyway we're not building awesome bikes yet but we sure are stylin!

what would your role in this new beginnings of bicycle world domination be?

Back