Has anyone dropped acid......

Mickeyspinn

rBotM Winner
On a bike before?

IMG_20220526_205710_765~2.jpg

I built a thing ...a cheap as chips do it all blast bike...it's great other than its..

Purple!

Purple gotta go.....now it's a cheap build nowt special and really doesn't matter if it all goes wrong 😂... so I'm trying to think of strange and different things I can do instead of the usual paint or polish!
Gotta be cheap !
Anyone done something a little different?
A little strange?
Weird?
Far out?

Pic above is just a little experiment....but it's got something I like about it !

You want cheap? I gots cheap...1xcan white spray paint £1.99, 1 tin black paint £1.99, 2-Inch brush 50p, bung it on like flip and hairdryer the bugger. Bosh! Pebbledash Camo.
Not a bad look to be fair. Did you sand it down a wee bit and apply clear?

No, I had bareframed and clearcoated it just before this, didn't fancy it so just wanted to bung something on to protect it until I decided what colour to go with next...still deciding bbetween metallic raspberry or dark Salsa green. Or anything else.

I have been thinking to do a proper cheapo splatter paint with some white, pink, black spray cans, flicking it unto the frame using a brush from afar. Got a really ratty looking explosif frame that could do with that.

Park your bike at street level outside a multi storey car park.

Get a tin of Hammerite, or even some cheap Hammerite-A-Like from Ebay, and climb the to top if the car park.

Carefully lean over the side and pour the paint over the bike from 80 feet up. Hey presto, instant Zolatone.

Heresy!!! Purple is the undisputed King amongst retro mtb colours. Fact.
😂
Jimo you have to be very careful with purple anodised components and paint. The psychologists Ali Frame and Chris Kingski‘s work suggests that being in the vicinity of purple components can cause a rider to have intense flashbacks to the early 1990’s, experience PTSD as a result - mainly due the the failure of any bike at the time to actually brake effectively or descend any challenging trail without white knuckle fear. A side effect was noted in the research, that riders using purple components were likely also to wear extremely illadvised fluorescent Lycra, prefer extremely narrow tyres and seek the darkness of sheds - rummaging obsessively through boxes for things that they believed they still possessed but had lost many years before. It‘s a sad syndrome.

Back