Haro Impulse Comp 1990

Re:

Some progress finally. Been too busy working, but about time I got back to this.

At millsm ... thanks for the comments

Decided just to start with the decals, and get the tyres swapped over. Photos to follow ...

Re:

Thanks guys.

Made use of the long weekend to get the chain and cables in place and get it rideable. First run around the block done. Some minor tweaks needed, but a good first outing.

Loving the little details on this frame to work around the consequences of the elevated chain stay ... the little pulley on the bottom of the seat stay to work with the bottom pull front mech; the small piece of steel tubing to route the rear mech cable; the elevated bottle cage bosses with holes to route the rear brake cable... :cool:

Photos to follow next weekend

Re:

Extra thought ...

Anyone know where to get that fine plastic tubing I can put around the shifter and brake cables? I currently have the shifter cable going straight through that little steel tube thing leading to the chain stay ... Would prefer to protect the tube and paintwork by using this type of tubing. Looked for it on CRC, SJS etc but could not find it ...

Cheers

Re:

Modelling shop should have what you need, maybe take an off-cut of brake cable with you to check the diameter (although if you're stuck I think brake is 1.4mm dia, so maybe go to with 1.8/2mm I'd tube).

Looking forward to seeing the details :)

Re: Re:

elPedro666":16wuwhnf said:
Modelling shop should have what you need, maybe take an off-cut of brake cable with you to check the diameter (although if you're stuck I think brake is 1.4mm dia, so maybe go to with 1.8/2mm I'd tube).

Looking forward to seeing the details :)

thanks ... will go and see if I can track something down

Re:

Some detail shots. After a couple of fantastic sunny days, it's a bit overcast today. Photo's are a bit washed out. Need to get some better ones later ... but for now ...

(pedals are just what I found in the parts bin for the first ride - must get some nicer ones)

Back