For Sale Claud Butler Dalesman 24" circa 1980 Full nut and bolt rebuild. £625

Kinch10

Retro Newbie
This bike is currently advertised on EBay but is attracting all the wrong attention.

I rebuilt this bike with no expense spared and the sale will leave me out of pocket, but once complete the bike is just a little too small for me.

Professionally resprayed by Argos in Bristol and New Old Stock or fully stripped and rebuilt parts. Complete rebuild on the wheels.

All as per original spec.

I have been told that over £600 is too much for a CB but this is genuinely a one off bike and you will not be disappointed with the quality..

Contact me for more details or photos.

Kinch (07917 871156)

Attachments

• CB1.JPG
    CB1.JPG
    375.1 KB · Views: 77
  • CB2.JPG
    CB2.JPG
    500.9 KB · Views: 76
  • CB3.JPG
    CB3.JPG
    482 KB · Views: 55
  • CB4.JPG
    CB4.JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 77
Hi, yes your bike is beautifully presented. Argos do a great job.
But unfortunately you have not been mis-informed.
Your bike is very unlikely to sell for £600 I’m afraid. It’s not rare, it’s not original, it’s not fashionable, it’s not a “proper” Claud (1932-1956)
This all adds up to a bike being worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it.
It might seem crazy but I promise you if you want to get the most money out of it, strip it down and sell the parts separately.
That way you might get close to £500

I promise you there isn’t a single person on this site who’s taken a mass produced bike, spent tons of money & time on it and then got anywhere near their money back, it just doesn’t happen.

Sorry 😞

Last edited:
BTW @Kinch10 FYI, that number 055036 dates it as late 1983
27AAC89B-D10A-4F15-A84A-4951FE0A6A7E.jpeg

Back