GT Zaskar? .... or not ?

Huntso":25r9kwx1 said:
The GT brand has changed hands a few times since this bike was made and the records might be a bit hit and miss.
Think your problem might be in proving that the seller was knowingly inaccurate.
He will say he bought it as a Zaskar and you bought it having seen the picture with the opportunity to ask questions. Seems he has omitted the truth about the parts rather than lying outright.

Only playing devils advocate and I think its a rotten thing to do, but can see you having a problem or two
Maybe he will be honourable and refund you, but I have my doubts.

Spot on thats exactly what he said mate, he was adimant it was a Zaskar and basicly said no refund in a round about way, although when i think about it im almost sure he knows what he was selling. Ill try Gt you never know?. Surely whether the seller new or not what he was doing it was still advertised incorrectly and clearly states Gt Zaskar, just on those grounds i thought i would be entitled to a refund through paqypal/ebay?... i hope :(

cheers for your help, much appreciated.

Hopefully i'll be posting up a picture of my 'new' 'Zaskarrrr' at some point if i ever get hold of one :LOL:

i'll let you know how i get on with paypal.

gm1230126":2mco2hp9 said:
DBR":2mco2hp9 said:
97 Zaskar LE decals on a 94 Avalanche. Tisk...Tisk.
"H" serial number, 7005 and Curved top tube cap confirm its Taiwan Hodaka built Avalanche.

Avalanche....hmmmm what a ar*e, excuse my french, il ne calling the guy again today. cheers for the info mate,

The Ken":1zo6hlub said:
I knew you'd have good input GM, do you have any notes abouts xizang serial number formats?

All I can tell you on Xizang's is that the serial numbers don't seem to make sense at all. I have had them that start TTN from the earlier years like 1991-2 then it seems like the mid 90's they started with a GT and have seen some from 98 that start with KB and other letters. oesn't seem to be any model year within the serial number. I wish now that I'd have kept a data base on them because I've had 20 go through my hands and into others in the past year and a half. Maybe we could start one on here? I have two 18" frames coming in this week and expect both to start KB as they are 98's from what I've been told.

Still a cool bike; just not what you were looking for...good luck with the paypal claim- you have a good case, and should win.

Back