Lizard front chainring..

Knocking sounds can vibrate through the frame making them very hard to pinpoint. I am curious of a few things to try if and when you're off the bike and have the drivetrain in the lowest gear:

- Wiggle the crankarm is there any lateral play (perhaps it has worked loose from the bottom bracket)
- Is the chain compatible with this drivetrain (the higher gears may be applying more pressure onto the chain and chain rings stopping any slipping
- when in the lowest gear look down the chain and see if there is a good and straight chainline similar to above
- what is the condition of the bottom bracket sometimes square taper arms cause all sorts of weird and wonderful issues

As before the teeth look fine to me I don't think its anything to do with that

Knocking sounds can vibrate through the frame making them very hard to pinpoint. I am curious of a few things to try if and when you're off the bike and have the drivetrain in the lowest gear:

- Wiggle the crankarm is there any lateral play (perhaps it has worked loose from the bottom bracket)
- Is the chain compatible with this drivetrain (the higher gears may be applying more pressure onto the chain and chain rings stopping any slipping
- when in the lowest gear look down the chain and see if there is a good and straight chainline similar to above
- what is the condition of the bottom bracket sometimes square taper arms cause all sorts of weird and wonderful issues

As before the teeth look fine to me I don't think its anything to do with that
Thank you for the advice.. I will check through those points a little later and update with what I find. I do believe that the parts are all compatible.. the rear cluster is Shimano 6 speed, the rear derailleur is Shimano Tourney 6 speed (new), the chain is Shimano 6 speed (also new).. the front derailleur is Sachs, and I believe crank likely is too.. these are original, and were paired with Shimano from the factory, so I doubt there’s an issue there. I will check on the other points a little later.

Thank you 👍🏻

Back