GT Zaskar? .... or not ?

DBR":2j9vqkcn said:
Hi guys,

Been reading over your posts this morning and im a little confused – please forgive my ignorance im not a GT expert. So could this bike I baught be a Zaskar?,
after all. It has 7005 and another number stamped were the rear wheel is held & the top bar is curved at the back with GT stamped on it, is there a way
of telling from the other number stamped maybe it’s the serial number.
I have spoken to the guy this morning and he swears blind he baught it new from a shop 10/11 years ago and it was imported from America and its was
definantly sold to him as a Zaskar 6061?

Cheers again peeps

When you say it's "curved" does it look like the 2000 Zaskar that is shown on the first page?

right my brain is tired trying to work this out LOL!

Ill get home and take some pics........ ohhhhh the suspence of it all!

Tallpaul":1mw4g0oc said:
Can we start taking bets on what it really is?

I'll have 50p on it being an Avalanche from 1993-96.

£1 on it being a Tempest from '98, just like mine! :LOL:

Zaskar

Email me a picture? If the guy sold it as a Zaskar, regardless of opinion on the varying guises, there's little you can do, just build it and enjoy riding it! There's nothing wrong with 7000 series alloy either, its harder, more fatigue resistant and less prone to oxidation than 6000 series.

Re: Zaskar

Wold Ranger":3b437m69 said:
If the guy sold it as a Zaskar, regardless of opinion on the varying guises, there's little you can do, just build it and enjoy riding it!

:shock:

Personally, i'd be politely asking for a full refund.

Re: Zaskar

Tallpaul":29siz9a1 said:
Wold Ranger":29siz9a1 said:
If the guy sold it as a Zaskar, regardless of opinion on the varying guises, there's little you can do, just build it and enjoy riding it!

:shock:

Personally, i'd be politely asking for a full refund.

Hmm, I'm with TP on this.

Zaskar = iconic bike

Tempest / Avalanche etc = average run of this mill worth half as much bike

I wouldn't pay £200 + for an Avalanche or Tempest.

Sorry 'all bets are off' .... for now, i cant find the lead for the camera so i'll post them tomorrow.... watch this space :LOL: .

I think i have to agree also, im really after the classic american 6061 frame, 7005 doesn't do it for me - ive already asked the guy for a refund and he said as far as he's concerned its a Zaskar, and thats what he baught it as new. - although if it proves not to be im sure there is something ebay can do as it would be fasle advertisment

Back