GT Zaskar LE

Sorry you feel that way after barely 5 minutes

See, the thing is you've come here for advice and information.

This is all freely given and apart from a bit of text, you've given back very little in return.

What you have been asking could have been found out after a bit of time on ebay and other sales sites so, you are either hoping someone will offer you a huge amount or you think you've got a lot of money in something.

You didnt like the value - a value given on the barest of information

As we dont know you, what do we get for any advice given?

We get snotty replies and off handed responses when someone barely makes a mild comment on a very inexpert description on something you say you've owned for years is what we got

We know Zaskars are aluminium - when a newly joined poster says 'chrome' that immediately raises the question 'does the person know what they're talking about' - some may even start circling the corpse hoping for a bargain

So We have to be careful, in this day and age there are scammers a plenty and regardless of your intentions caution is required.

Have a cup of tea, and maybe wind your neck in a bit.

Last edited:
You're a n00b (not you @legrandefromage) .. tis the way of the fora.. just suck it up.
I don't do any social media, but i'm a member of many different forums and they all work the same way, from my experience forums are where the true knowledge lies and access to this knowledge is worth the gentle hazing.. i tuned in here last year to pick up a few bits n' bobs, ended up buying some bars for £40 but 6 months later i'm still hanging around so it's not a bad place.. don't take s**t personally, you just need to hone your smart alecky retorts...

Sorry you feel that way after barely 5 minutes

See, the thing is you've come here for advice and information.

This is all freely given and apart from a bit of text, you've given back very little in return.

What you have been asking could have been found out after a bit of time on ebay and other sales sites so, you are either hoping someone will offer you a huge amount or you think you've got a lot of money in something.

You didnt like the value - a value given on the barest of information

As we dont know you, what do we get for any advice given?

We get snotty replies and off handed responses when someone barely makes a mild comment on a very inexpert description on something you say you've owned for years is what we got

We know Zaskars are aluminium - when a newly joined poster says 'chrome' that immediately raises the question 'does the person know what they're talking about' - some may even start circling the corpse hoping for a bargain

So We have to be careful, in this day and age there are scammers a plenty and regardless of your intentions caution is required.

Have a cup of tea, and maybe wind your neck in a bit.
Well I didn't start the attitude. I just responding to it, so that's not really being snotty. You response could have been better also. Anyhow. It is what it is. had my cup of tea and checked down the Sofa and under the fridge......No GT Zaskar LE

My intention is not to sell on here anyhow. The values are fine. Yes ebay can provide, but thought I would come to a site with much better knowledge on todays pricing. Its gathering dust and thought I would test the market. And yes I did build it, but been out of the MTB market for a long time.

BTW the frame can also be noted to be chrome aluminium. Just I choose chrome. I know its not a metal frame chromed. It was just the best way to describe it at the time.

Sounds like it’s a March 1996 Built 18 inch Ball burnished Zaskar.

The frames were the same in 96 for the Zaskar and LE so it either started life with XTR, was purchased as a frame or has had some stickers added.

I’ve got a couple of 96 ones and depending on when it was built the decal style vary.

Ball burnished and 18 inch is probably the most common combination to come up for sale. Most Zaskars seem to get prices at around £500 but simply don’t sell unless dripping in XTR etc. Assuming it’s working and nice cosmetically £3/350 for sure is what it’s worth. I personally wouldn’t go that high on one in a 18 as they do come up very cheap sometimes in BB but someone will defy buy it at that if you wait a bit.

You’d get around £500-600 by breaking it up assuming bits are nice condition.

Sounds like it’s a March 1996 Built 18 inch Ball burnished Zaskar.

The frames were the same in 96 for the Zaskar and LE so it either started life with XTR, was purchased as a frame or has had some stickers added.

I’ve got a couple of 96 ones and depending on when it was built the decal style vary.

Ball burnished and 18 inch is probably the most common combination to come up for sale. Most Zaskars seem to get prices at around £500 but simply don’t sell unless dripping in XTR etc. Assuming it’s working and nice cosmetically £3/350 for sure is what it’s worth. I personally wouldn’t go that high on one in a 18 as they do come up very cheap sometimes in BB but someone will defy buy it at that if you wait a bit.

You’d get around £500-600 by breaking it up assuming bits are nice condition.
Thanks very much for the update.

I bought as Frame only, stickers are original. I remember the weight of the box it came in was heavier than the frame. Yeah if only I had the money back then for XTR, it was so expensive so could only afford full XT. I think I got the gear set and V-Brakes from Chain Cycles something like that.. I got the frame from MK Cycles at their old location.

I was going to get RockShox Judy but settled with Pace RC36 forks. Love them. Couldn't afford the EVO's (Or are they Pro's?). Was looking at White brother forks at the time also. Way more expensive.

Back