GT Zaskar LE

Shamus01

Retro Newbie
Hi All

New to the forum. I have a GT Zaskar LE which I have owned for many many many years. Built myself back in the day. What are these selling for today?

I think its a 1996. The Serial No on the backdrop starts 0396

20.5" Frame.
Pace RC36 Forks.
Full XT (Sorry no XTR).
Mavic Rims. Need replacing.
X-Lite Seat and Post.
Club Roost Bars

I really depends on the condition of the bike and components. You'll get more money if you sold it in bits, but that's more effort and you might end up with bits left over. That's quite a big frame, I believe the smaller ones tend to be in more demand. If it's a rare finish then you would get more.
Do you have pictures of it? Where are you based?

Around £300- £350 for it to actually sell. People try to get £500 but they just sit in similar specs.

I really depends on the condition of the bike and components. You'll get more money if you sold it in bits, but that's more effort and you might end up with bits left over. That's quite a big frame, I believe the smaller ones tend to be in more demand. If it's a rare finish then you would get more.
Do you have pictures of it? Where are you based?
The frame size measurement is the Centre of the Crank to the top of post right? Just there is an 18 stamp just below the serial No on the back qtr.

Ah ok, I thought it was, that's why I'm getting confused. Colour is Chrome

6061 butted aluminium.

Reworded so not to trigger those that feel insecure and have a need to criticise others. Yes looking at you leg'y

Last edited:
'colour is chrome' - thats puzzling as if you'd owned this for 'many, many many years' and built up yourself you would have known that it is aluminium.

Did you find it down the back of someone's sofa or under a fridge and thought it would be good to sell?

Always one.....

Yes its Aluminium. So what colour is that. Silver, Chrome.... Whatever.... Oh and it doesn't fit down the back of the Sofa

6061 butted aluminium if I need to be more precise. So if it was Blue it wouldn't be aluminium. Being a little pedantic

This won't go well...:oops:
I did come here for simple advice hoping to find a friendly forum. Guess Leg'y is the gate keeper to scare new members. Well its worked. I'll move to another site. Thanks Leg'y I hope the site really enjoys your company.

Back