GT handle bars

I’m looking to replace the bars on my GT . The ones that are currently fitted look like the attached picture and I am looking for something that suits the age of the bike . I found these on eBay not sure if they are right . Any advice is appreciated 👍🏻

Attachments

• 7ACBC80E-908B-4689-9B36-2EDF1DAD5086.jpeg
    7ACBC80E-908B-4689-9B36-2EDF1DAD5086.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 15
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yep looks like the right clamp DIA. You can always double check by wrapping paper around the bulged section right hard up against the stem (but not over the stem!) and measure the circumference. A 25.4mm DIA bar should measure 79.8mm in CIRC.

They are not super wide, but this was the norm and they look un trimmed based on engraving on the end of the bar.

Yep looks like the right clamp DIA. You can always double check by wrapping paper around the bulged section right hard up against the stem (but not over the stem!) and measure the circumference. A 25.4mm DIA bar should measure 79.8mm in CIRC.

They are not super wide, but this was the norm and they look un trimmed based on engraving on the end of the bar.
That’s a great advice, thank you 🙏

Sorry not looking for a swap just in case they aren’t that great to ride with and I want to swap back
Those narrow bars don't ride very well. Ritchey makes a riser bar that's 660mm wide and will fit that size clamp. I've used them on a few projects because they have the retro vibe but a more modern feel.

Those narrow bars don't ride very well. Ritchey makes a riser bar that's 660mm wide and will fit that size clamp. I've used them on a few projects because they have the retro vibe but a more modern feel.
they look good and are a decent price

Back