Zaskar…. not a Zaskar?

Yeh from 98 they started to use 6061 on avalanche. They were getting ready to move production away from USA for the high end stuff so started to experiment.

Interestingly a I had a painted 6061 Avalanche which was lighter by a few grams than a Painted same year Zaskar.
I have a 6061 Heat treated GT Tempest frame, which currently my favourite bike, 16" frame with 6061 stamped on the rear drop out, but it's not an Avalanche frame as it doesn't have an integrated seat clamp or externally butted head tube. Nonetheless it's a nice frame! I'll have to spend some time polishing up properly when the weather improves!

I have a 6061 Heat treated GT Tempest frame, which currently my favourite bike, 16" frame with 6061 stamped on the rear drop out, but it's not an Avalanche frame as it doesn't have an integrated seat clamp or externally butted head tube. Nonetheless it's a nice frame! I'll have to spend some time polishing up properly when the weather improves!

They did some lower models too in 6061 yes. Pantera for example as well.

None handmade in the USA though apart from the Zaskar though

They did some lower models too in 6061 yes. Pantera for example as well.

None handmade in the USA though apart from the Zaskar though
Thanks, I didn't know that but that is interesting to me. I'd love a red Pantera frame again, but they seem super rare these days. I have seen a few silver ones on eBay, but no red Pantera's. (1992 model) But I am happy with my Tempest now.

Thanks, I didn't know that but that is interesting to me. I'd love a red Pantera frame again, but they seem super rare these days. I have seen a few silver ones on eBay, but no red Pantera's. (1992 model) But I am happy with my Tempest now.
A few months back I had 3 red panteras! Kept one and sold the other 2 on!

Back