Any tell tale signs this is a true team RTS?

I bought mine as a bare frame with the intention of buying the rest from different shops that day.

It was basically as Zaskar with rear suspension, built in the same place, same decals and so on

Lynx Oriental will always take me back to that year, a certain girl....

My poison was lynx Java. Proved to be a highly effective female repellent.

My farm gate sized 95 GT Talera was equally never going to be a Zaskar lol. “You’ll grow into it…”

/thread hijack

Strange but great.

I bought my team RTS as a NOS frameset well over a decade ago. Mine is a 93, not sure it came with a Mavic equipped decal, might have had that on the chain stay protector.

Check a few things before you buy, cracks around the BB pivot points and the rear stay pivot points, head tube too, rocker bearings are ok, shock is working (proprietary so only a very few available these days, and by that I mean noleen or risse only (RST did make one, but not the best).

The one in the eBay auction is missing the world champion decals on the top tube and also the 6061 decal usually on the seat tube, but stickers get worn, it looks right to me, and I've had a good number of RTS frames. Currently still have my team (keeper) and another USA built frame that I've had a proper disc conversion done to, bearing conversion on the stay pivots as well. Hope to build that up this year.

Did you win it? I think it went very cheaply considering the parts it had on it, let alone it being what looked to be a decent condition team RTS. They don't come up too often.

It’s back up on eBay. £500 “make me an offer” pricing so it’s either been quickly flipped or the owner has had a rush of blood to the head. Pics look the same though.

Even as a pile of parts it’s not worth anything like that.

I threw my hat in, in a kinda I’d like it, but not too fussed if I don’t win it kinda way, and got out bid.
I see it was then relisted with a BIN or best offer due to not selling because the ‘winner’ wanted it posted :rolleyes:
But it’s gone again, perhaps genuine sale this time - but not me.

Might have to own-up to buying this. Have been after one for a long while and finally caved-in to the midlife crisis devil sat on my shoulder egging me on.

Anyway, I digress. It is definitely a US frame. However, the serial dates it as a 93 frame, so I’m unsure if this is a team? If it is, then thr decals may be wrong as most of the 94’s I’ve seen have a white outline around the RTS?

Is anyone able to help identify it? S/N is: 06
93 23 49

I’d bought it with the intention of restoring it to period. 440B56F9-4DB0-4C34-9463-616179A5F80E.jpeg

139AB8B0-2B63-4EBD-9729-4DE59CEF2C7A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back