Any tell tale signs this is a true team RTS?

Serial is a 93, decals are the same as mine which I bought nos as frame only which also is a 93 serial number.

I've had a few in my time, mine is my keeper, I've another I've had a proper disc conversion done on the rear. It's a us built frame too, but has some quirks I've never seen on any other RTS and also a strange serial. Not had any luck identifying it and why it's a bit different but going to build up pretty modern.

Glad it has surfaced on here, look forward to seeing your build as it unfolds.

Serial is a 93, decals are the same as mine which I bought nos as frame only which also is a 93 serial number.

I've had a few in my time, mine is my keeper, I've another I've had a proper disc conversion done on the rear. It's a us built frame too, but has some quirks I've never seen on any other RTS and also a strange serial. Not had any luck identifying it and why it's a bit different but going to build up pretty modern.

Glad it has surfaced on here, look forward to seeing your build as it unfolds.
Fantastic, thank you. I'll start a build thread once I have some interesting updates, I'm currently spending my evenings polishing the frame.

Thankfully as mine was NOS, I've not had to go through that but I have on others. They look great when shiny.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but there were quite a lot of GT experts in this thread 👍
Been looking at this RTS.
Can anyone identify the year from this pic?

Attachments

• bb4fc09b-70b7-493e-9504-01a1a3f5f10f.jpeg
    bb4fc09b-70b7-493e-9504-01a1a3f5f10f.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I'd guess 92/3. Main reason is the steel rear and decals. I could be wrong. My 93 team has an alloy rear triangle. I thought that the RTS was the first, then the range grew, dropping the rts, and going team, 1, 2, 3. Later in around 95 (my year may be out), the rts without a designation was available alongside the lts, but had a different style decal.

I'd guess 92/3. Main reason is the steel rear and decals. I could be wrong. My 93 team has an alloy rear triangle. I thought that the RTS was the first, then the range grew, dropping the rts, and going team, 1, 2, 3. Later in around 95 (my year may be out), the rts without a designation was available alongside the lts, but had a different style decal.
Thank you.
The orange RTS decal and the Noleen piggyback is throwing me.
Originally I thought it was an RTS from 93, but it could also be an RTS2 with the 2 decal removed? Which would put it at 95?
Will the serial number tell me anything?

Thank you.
The orange RTS decal and the Noleen piggyback is throwing me.
Originally I thought it was an RTS from 93, but it could also be an RTS2 with the 2 decal removed? Which would put it at 95?
Will the serial number tell me anything?
The second two digits of the serial number should tell you which year.

If it was an rts-2 the top cap on the end of the top tube would be curved, not flat. The flat cap signifies it was usa made not Taiwan or elsewhere. The alu grade is also different. I think it's something like 6061 for us built, 7005 for the rest.

Serials are different too. Us built have mmyy so you can tell month and year of production from these digits. The other numbers are the frame volume number. Rts2s etc serials are just numbers you can't tell anything from.

Last edited:
Back