Any tell tale signs this is a true team RTS?

Spudalumps

Senior Retro Guru
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
And what size is it?
Feels like the longer than period correct travel fork is making it look like a smaller frame than it may actually be.

Flat end cap on top tube and rear shock are good signs. If you can get a serial number, it should be in the same format as a zaskar one. Looks legit to me.

If you get it, and decide to keep the disc conversion then I'd be more than interested in buying the brake rocker as it looks like it is still there.

Cheers for all the help, going to take a punt will possibly restore to factory and chuck the disc on another bike ;)

I may be wrong and I know it’s something that could be added but I’m sure GT Team bikes had the Mavic Equipped decal somewhere on them, which this has on the chain stay.

I've been looking into this to date my recent purchase (which is a low rent 3) - the Mavic decal was on the driveside chainstay.

Rocker rather than roller makes it 94+ I think. Piggyback shock is consistent with RTS1/Team but the difference between RTS1 and Team was just finishing kit. Both had the 6061-T6 F&R sections of the frame. Given the only original thing there looks to be the frame/shock I'd say it doesn't really matter...

From memory the later ones were 16/18/20 inch. The RTS3 I've just got must be a 16 as it looks tiny - so check size per @Once A Hero post.

Back