GT EDGE CX

lfo":34r57q1d said:
OK you're right, but i think you must agree the steel 853 fillet-brazed Edge looks ten times better than the alloy Edge.:cool: :shock:

14093783302_3879a15029_b.jpg

Yup, I do. I own a fillet brazed Excel tubed version of that in the same colour with the steel fork in 58cm now. I think mine is a 92 because they didn't appear to use Excel for that long.

lfo":2ghvdlx0 said:
dirttorpedo":2ghvdlx0 said:
lfo":2ghvdlx0 said:
It's not a EDGE, the EDGE was only available as steel (fillet brazed) or titanium frame, your linked bike looks like a old FORCE (alloy) .
That's not the case. I owned an alloy Edge road frame before I purchased my Excel tubed steel one because the alloy was too small. If you check out the catalog on here you will see they offered the bike in 6061, steel (Excel, True Temper and 853 depending on the year) and Ti.

OK you're right, but i think you must agree the steel 853 fillet-brazed Edge looks ten times better than the alloy Edge.:cool: :shock:

14093783302_3879a15029_b.jpg

This is a fine example - I genuinely dig the set up.

Re:

Here is a crappy iPhone pic of mine during a training ride before the fondo I did this month. It's not particularly period correct - I believe it should have 8 speed on it and I'm running 9 speed Ultegra - except for the brifters. I couldn't afford NOS Ultegra replacements and after my originals died I didn't want to pay for used ones that were probably near death as well.

Attachments

• GT Edge 2 small.jpg
    GT Edge 2 small.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 675
Re:

I recently picked up a new Ridley cyclocross bike and a well preserved 1998 Bontrager CX cyclocross bike - so I redesigned my GT Edge for commuting.

Attachments

• GT-Edge-X_1.jpg
    GT-Edge-X_1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 644
  • GT-Edge-CX_.jpg
    GT-Edge-CX_.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 646
Back