Giant MCM Team, ride impressions

Re:

ESP isn't shocking, If it was, I wouldn't have it on four of my bikes. So far.

Thumbies on three

Sti on several, too

As for weight penalty, if I was an elite standard racer, it may matter. I'm still in decent shape at 48, but I could still save a significant amount more from me than a few grams on shifters!

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":13gofoee said:
Headset and forks now in,

IMG_0607 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Ritchey WCS, pinched from another bike ( replaced with FSA ), along with Rock Shox SID, pinched from another. Those will be replaced with freshly rebuilt SIDs.

Still can't decide on shifter/brake lever set up. Either way it will have red grips.

IMG_0608 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Or,

IMG_0609 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

V-Brakes are very similar grey finish to the levers.

Possibility of a different stem to the Syncros one pictured, too.

Mike

Well i i know i said earlier about going down the XT route as it would compliment the wheels but now i've seen the grip shifts and those grey levers i'm feeling myself being swayed to those especially after you mentioning V-brakes in a similar grey ..

And those forks look like they were meant for that frame :cool: ..

Re: Singletrack mind ! Giant MCM Team

Nothing wrong with gripshift, i think they would suit the bike better :)
I think a pair of tomac magura's would look good also.

Mark

mkone":j0hvqy8j said:
Nothing wrong with gripshift, i think they would suit the bike better :)
I think a pair of tomac magura's would look good also.

Mark

Cheers Mark ;)

Not thought of Maguras, but as I don't have any, and I'd need a brace for the back end, I think I'll stick with V-Brakes.
Along with the VERY LIGHT ESP shifters! :LOL: :LOL:

IMG_0610 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Not bad, not that I'm bothered really, just curious.

Did a mock up of riding position just now, borrowing wheels from another bike,

IMG_0611 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Although, I did win the bidding on a nice longer yellow stem earlier, so the Syncros will be replaced when it turns up at McMurray towers! Itsa very nice! :cool: Don't worry, at 400mm, there's loads of seatpost in the frame still. ;)

Full frontal,

IMG_0612 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

S'narrrow innit! :roll:

Mike

Re:

Thank you, Chris ;)

May be a long wait for the cranks, the seller, in Canada, hasn't picked up my pm yet! :roll:

WAKEY, WAKEY! :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Very S'narrow indeed :shock: as for the seat and handlebar setup very :cool: looking ;) and that takes me back to how use to set my bikes up and use to really love it :) ..

Re:

My choice would be XT levers with Gripshift, but my view is coloured because those XT lever are my favourites, they just look so good.

Re: Re:

chrisv40":3jcaqgo5 said:
What cranks are you getting?

Race Face turbines, silver, and in 180mm length. Can't wait to get my polishing mops out on those mate! :cool:

NeilM":3jcaqgo5 said:
My choice would be XT levers with Gripshift, but my view is coloured because those XT lever are my favourites, they just look so good.

Don't have XT brake levers. Still torn between the two types of brake/shifters TBH. Would also like some purple, but after my failure to find purple/blue grips a while ago, it won't be there. I do have some NOS grips in purple for the shifters pictured, but they're far too light in colour.

Back