Giant MCM Team Carbon Fibre Mountain Bike 19.5"

Afflicted.John

Dirt Disciple
1996/97 Giant MCM Team Mountain Bike
19.5" Carbon Fibre in Giant Team Race Colours
26.2 lbs

Ridden very sparingly over the past decade - it has spent most of the time in the garage gathering dust. I recently rebuilt it based from a mixture of original XTR and some spare bits. As a result, it is running 8 speed XTR shifters and rear mech but on a 12-32 SRAM 7 speed cassette with a 2007 Shimano Hone front mech. The brakes are the XTR V-levers with brand new Avid Single Digit 5 V-brakes which are very good stoppers. The gears shift well - there's a little bit of chain rub on the extreme gears but this has recently been used more as a commuter bike and no issues have been found.

It has the original Marzocchi XC700 SE 80mm suspension forks with a matching yellow brace and lock out. Seals are good and intact. WTB Speed V saddle on a 6061 Tioga inline seat post.

The wheels are Specialized rims on STX SE hubs (recently serviced/re-greased) with new Specialized tires - these are new on the for sale and have not been ridden. I think the front is probably too big for the forks as it has rubbed when I was testing the bits so if preferred I will happily swap for a nearly new Panaracer Fire XC which is a tad narrower. I have had a new cartridge bottom bracket fitted with brand new Tioga Surefoot IV pedals on Sugino Impel 500 chainset (22-32-42).

The bike's condition is used - there are a fair few scrapes on it but none appear to be major. The XTR rear mech for example has most of the coating rubbed off but it has been fitted with BBB Roller Boys and shifts beautifully with new cabling throughout. The fork decals are also hanging off so bits of the bike look like they have been well used. No dents or major frame damage apart from the usual cable scrapes. It could probably do with some repair work or a respray and as you can see it has been patched up over the years with a yellow paint which does not match the source frame perfectly.

Dimensions
Chainstay Length: 16.73"
Top Tube Length: 23.22"
Wheelbase: 41.5"
Will suit an 80-100mm fork to suit the 100mm Control Tech stem.

I am selling mainly because the geometry does not agree with me any more - while I was younger it was OK but the racing position does my back no favours in my old age. I'd rather someone gets some use out of this rather than let it go to waste in the shed. I will package up the bike for posting but collection is preferred. Courier fees will be at the buyer's expense. I will try to get an exact price but will add £20 to the listing for the time being (you'll pay the exact cost though). Currently on Ebay with no reserve but will pull for serious offers around £450-£500. Let me know!
Good luck and please ask any questions I have not already answered! All the best!
Gallery Here: http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/John_Meredith/

Attachments

• P1020160.JPG
    P1020160.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 3,203

Latest posts

Back