Giant MCM Team, ride impressions

Re: Singletrack mind !

DICKO10":1syfh753 said:
Yo it's looking like its gonna be a light build how many bikes are there in your lock up now Mike Jesus .

It's light at the moment Carl, not got it all yet! :LOL:

I make that only 5 bikes.

In this section! :facepalm:

Mike

Re:

Thanks Ian ;)

Got a better colour match for that chip behind the headtube. Carefully cut that purple off and replaced with something a bit bluer, from Tesco make up dept. They don't bat a mascara'd eyelid when I go in with a frame now

Re:

That looks really excellent condition. What plans do you have for it? It's newer than the one I have as mine doesn't have the rear disc mounts.

Re: Singletrack mind ! Giant MCM Team

Your welcome Mike :) ..

Well it's amazing what colour choice's their is in nail varnish's these day's and tbh i don't think many of the younger assistant's are fazed much by what customers bring in to match these day's unlike back in the 80s eh! ..

Re:

I have some SID forks lined up for it, along with carbon bars and seatpost.
Undecided between XT and Sram ESP, I think they were sold with ESP but I've seen footage from World Cup races where the team were using sti levers. Probably XTR, but let's not get carried away! The front mech is XTR, being an e type I'm limited really. Generously gifted to me by a fellow Retrobike racer!
Thanks Neil, I owe you one! ;)
Wheels will be XT / Mavic

Mike

Re:

I'm thinking a mix of XT and XTR from 96/97 with my XT running 24speed for mine. Can you mix and match XTR with XT? I remember you used to need specific bits to work together.

Re: Re:

Perrin21":29w3cedd said:
I'm thinking a mix of XT and XTR from 96/97 with my XT running 24speed for mine. Can you mix and match XTR with XT? I remember you used to need specific bits to work together.

Not used XTR so can't advise I'm afraid

Awaiting some nice cranks for it, coming from another continent they may take a while!

Mike

Back