Giant MCM Team, ride impressions

Holy thread resurrection Batman! :eek::)
@Mike Muz do you still have this?
I've potentially got the opportunity to get my hands on one - but I just wanted to know what year yours is - if it is stamped and obvious in any way?
Like yours, the one I'm looking at (not seen it up close yet) has the rear disc brake mount - which I believe makes it a 98 onwards machine as no disc mount is shown in the '97 catalogue. So just keen to know if there is a year marker on the frame anywhere :)

I have had 3 mcm team's and would like another.
Really enjoy the way they ride, quite lively but also solid.
They aren't the lightest but have generally proved there worth by lasting 25 years without disintegrating!
2 of mine were vbrake and one with rear cable stop for canti brakes, should have kept it.

I have had 3 mcm team's and would like another.
Really enjoy the way they ride, quite lively but also solid.
They aren't the lightest but have generally proved there worth by lasting 25 years without disintegrating!
2 of mine were vbrake and one with rear cable stop for canti brakes, should have kept it.
This is a bit later than I’m used to, it’s V-brake or disc! :oops:

This is a bit later than I’m used to, it’s V-brake or disc! :oops:
Far too modern, sell it at once! 😄

The last couple I have seen for sale have the disc mount, which has put me off for some reason.
They kind of look like an after thought.
Im guessing the composite mcm was almost at the end of its production life so they didn't mould the calliper mount.

Or I might be completely wrong 😂

I’m guessing it’s a ‘98 though the frame number doesn’t have an easy format by the looks of it.
Either way, it’ll be getting an M950 group to bring it back in line with the earlier MCM Teams, from an age point of view at least.

Last edited:
Back